Notifications
Clear all
26/09/2013 8:17 pm
Hydraulic MRL's ...... Enough said
27/09/2013 10:11 am
Please post pictures!!! I'd love to see what abortion was constructed to save .2% of floorspace. Some buildings (universities and national defence buildings come to mind) have large easy to access and well laid out machine rooms with print tables and parts storage. Then theres some where the mechanics had to remove the controller from the tank to get them down the stairs to some far corner. I have one, thats in a shed in the back. Yep, bout 100 feet of buried piping laid in 1968. The machine room leaked, so they built another floor and moved everything up one level. Classic.
29/09/2013 8:19 pm
Originally Posted By: GreenPants
you guys have obviously never dug into a otis next-step escalator.
GP is that a NCE type? While not that bad to work on, escalators are really a pain in the arse ie removing steps, hand rail drives etc. We had a main step bearing callapse and was an absolute nightmare to repair.
30/09/2013 10:01 am
You're crazy. Siemen's soft starters are great. Also how could you say I2, I3 and EECO valves are bad? Learn how to adjust them. They seem to hold the adjustments well. Ever worked on a Blain valve? They don't seem to hold an adjustment as well. Just my opinion though.
30/09/2013 10:03 am
Worst pos is Garaventa Artira in my opinion. They suck.
Topic starter
30/09/2013 10:55 am
I love I2 and I3 valves
25/09/2015 2:32 am
You guys weren't even close.
Try Serge relay controllers
Haughton GAC1
Cvt 8800 full control ie Thames Valley
World Class
Otis MRV
Try Serge relay controllers
Haughton GAC1
Cvt 8800 full control ie Thames Valley
World Class
Otis MRV
25/09/2015 8:03 am
^Is the Otis MRV the one that runs off of a bank of batteries and has multiple disconnects? If so, I agree.
25/09/2015 12:23 pm
The battery Otis is MRVF. Your all correct it is a POS. There were 400 Units in the USA and Otis spent 20 Million to make them run. I asked why not just spend that money on MOD and the answer was we have to give the customer what they bought to run without Building Power.
25/09/2015 2:57 pm
Any car panel that doesn't have hinges. You know those devices that were only invented in the late 1990's!!
17/08/2017 12:30 pm
junk right out of the box no doubt.
17/08/2017 12:31 pm
yea, the best valves for sure. solid. easy to set up.
17/08/2017 12:32 pm
T2's run pretty good man. Just hard to trouble shoot.
19/08/2017 11:29 am
"Flops and Bad designs" huh? Lemme see....
For me...MRL's are bad design. I get the whole "usable space" thing and "Eco friendly" line, but unable to see a machine, working on a brake issue in the overhead where you need at least two mirrors and two more arms, seismic devices mounted on a plywood floor in a dorm? Please....
Next up would be TKE's blue ribbon winner "Cheapest Fixtures in The World". And a simple button repair is out as it seems there are no less than four generations of buttons that cannot interchange parts...nice.
And not to bang TK twice, but when in the world are those engineers going to design a floating selector box? C'mon!
Everything is great when it runs, but in a world of ADON boards, IOA's and D's...
redundant I/O's man it can be tough.
But then there is the old Amtech hydro with those stupid Midtex relays...50/50 chance you'll plug it in without bending one of those tin foil contact base fingers. I always felt I had to pull it out again just to see if they all went in.
There's more, but I'll leave that to the next poster.
Oh....remember the U.S. Diplomat selector system? Wild.
For me...MRL's are bad design. I get the whole "usable space" thing and "Eco friendly" line, but unable to see a machine, working on a brake issue in the overhead where you need at least two mirrors and two more arms, seismic devices mounted on a plywood floor in a dorm? Please....
Next up would be TKE's blue ribbon winner "Cheapest Fixtures in The World". And a simple button repair is out as it seems there are no less than four generations of buttons that cannot interchange parts...nice.
And not to bang TK twice, but when in the world are those engineers going to design a floating selector box? C'mon!
Everything is great when it runs, but in a world of ADON boards, IOA's and D's...
redundant I/O's man it can be tough.
But then there is the old Amtech hydro with those stupid Midtex relays...50/50 chance you'll plug it in without bending one of those tin foil contact base fingers. I always felt I had to pull it out again just to see if they all went in.
There's more, but I'll leave that to the next poster.
Oh....remember the U.S. Diplomat selector system? Wild.
19/08/2017 6:35 pm
Schindler inverted telescopic jacks. Just did another packing change on one monday that blew out, big mess.