Thank you, what a POS!!
I once fought with one for a month on an HS that that would drop SS info with no demand and shut the car down. Between the slop in the gears, cable, that clutch, and the spring tension of the closed micro switch, it would just relax enough to come off that switch. Eventually I had to put on a weaker micro switch. Come to think of it, how about a controller that shuts down just because the door rolled off the closed switch. That extra closed switch was an afterthought though. Is that just a California code?
Dude. Yes.
Did a mod on a job with one a few years back and we kept it... Didn't interface with the smartrise cartop board very well and it took me a day or two to work out a bunch of kinks. It had long floors, so it was impossible to watch I/O's on normal because it is vertical and 2" from the wall. I'd have to run it up 10 ft, make an adjustment, flip it back to normal, wait for it to relevel, test, repeat.... Just a terrible design.
Pretty sure KONE started this mess...