Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
17/09/2013 8:21 am
I thought that this would be a no brainier problem, but surprise, surprise. This is an older Dover hydro, 2 stop. No serial link, relays only, they are on a swing panel off the main controller. I forgot to look at the exact model before I left today. The problem lies with the photo eyes, replaced the Duo-path eyes with new tektronics eyes. They work ok, wired correctly and all that. If you reverse the door 3 or 4 times, the unit shuts down. The controller is a long way from the elevator, so I can't watch what's happening. But, when I go to the controller, the SE relay is picked and stays picked. There is a timer board labelled OOT. Is this an out of service timer? Don't have any prints for this job. I put a piece of paper between the latching mechanism and coil thinking it might be residual magnetism...no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by Elevatorfella; 09/17/13 12:23 AM.
17/09/2013 8:42 am
I would think the OOT is an out of time relay. I'm not sure why it would time out unless the doors were actually physically held open and just recycled but a good way to test this would be to physically close the doors by hand and if the lift takes off(if the ccts allow this) it probly then is a time issue. I cant understand how companies get away with removing prints from site as they don't own them.
17/09/2013 10:08 am
This unit sounds like an old fleetwood. They used a door protection timer. The timer didn't hold in SE from what I remember. I have several versions of oildraulics we service. Tomorrow I will stop by one that sounds like what you described. If you could, see if the drawing numbers are posted inside the controller cabinet and let us know.
Topic starter
19/09/2013 7:09 am
Got a set of prints today. The new A"" hole they hired a year ago apparently couldn't figure out that a door lock wasn't being made up. Off the top of my head I wrote down 10 jobs that I have had to follow up on this guy. Why do we hire relatives of the boss? I don't get super peeved off about it, because it is job security for me. But, in the long it costs the company lots of money and affects my raise. .........UGH.......
19/09/2013 9:00 am
Before the advent of the EU regs being allowed in AUS, we had to wire all lock and safety cct's in double insulated cable with locks in brown, blue and orange with the safeties in red. The point being that even if you had no prints you could still identify lock and safety wiring to test. I suspect this would've helped in this situation. Unfortunately this has gone the way of the dodo.
19/09/2013 7:58 pm
Glad to hear you are back on track...