Elevator Forum

Recurring kone ecos...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Recurring kone ecospace problems

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
27.7 K Views
 IJGN
(@IJGN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8487]
Hi, I live in a building that has had recurring problems with a kone ecospace elevator, its not that old and only recently started working. Its hard to get any answers from the landlord, and I was hoping some of you could help me out as I am not willing to stay in this apartment with a bogus elevator. Thanks so much in advance, perhaps someone can possibly let me know if this is minor or something that requires major repair---

The elevator door gets stuck in the open position when it arrives on a given floor or two, only resetting it or restarting it gets it to work again, none of the buttons work when this happens and the panel lights go dim (floor number, etc)A building maintenance guy mentioned something about a reset button that kept popping when this happened...

The two codes I have seen flashing on the box are, I believe F1 0021 and 0065.

Thanks!



   
Quote
(@bk2fla)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
call your elevator company!



   
ReplyQuote
(@mike_zll)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hello

Replace ADON board



   
ReplyQuote
 IJGN
(@IJGN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks but that's not really feasible considering I am just a tenant... Was looking for more insight into the error codes and what it might entail. If this elevator requires a major expensive repair, I know the landlord will not fix it and we will be stuck walking up 5 flights of stairs all day long again.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unfortunately these units are very expensive to fix. You could have an Adon board issue, the only way to know is to call a competent Elevator Mechanic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kone has manufactured a product with components that don't last and cost a fortune to replace. Kinda makes you wonder what their long term intentions are.... Before you kill or seriously injure yourself, please convince the Landlord to call a company that will send out a licensed Elevator Mechanic. I believe he has to fix it because of handicap code?

Last edited by E-man; 09/17/13 08:27 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@mustang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In most states it is illegal for an unlicensed untrained person to preform work on an elevator and for good reason tell your landlord to call a elevator company don't put yourself at risk



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do not try to fix this yourself. I will tell,you this much, turning the main power on and off can and will "toast" the hall call button boards. Their is a specific way to reset these controllers. By all means call someone who knows what they are doing. Where are you located?

Last edited by Elevatorfella; 09/17/13 10:49 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 IJGN
(@IJGN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the replies - I must add, I am definitely not trying to fix this myself or touch it at all. Just curious, I am considering whether to leave this building or not.



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Leave, you only live once, use the elevator issues as your out and move somewhere with better property management.



   
ReplyQuote
 IJGN
(@IJGN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I really want to but there are financial issues, roommate issues, and finding a place like this for this price is almost impossible in Chicago (that allows pitbulls!) 🙂

thanks for everyones replies.

PS the kone guy was here today, I had to leave before he finished but it is working at this time...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wahh, check out the building before you move in. Don't rely on elevator guys to try and bail you out of your situation. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but we are in the business to make a buck too. Move on and good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
 IJGN
(@IJGN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Wow, was just trying to learn something new, not sure how you gathered I was trying to be "bailed out" or take any money out of your pockets... incredible.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
IJGN I don't agree with some of the comments here so I would look at it this this way. We are speculating that these problems are a major issue as it's more likely just a intermittent fault that is hard to capture. If it is just a door issue then it wont be a major problem, it just needs identifying. Also to be fair to the owners, being that it is relatively new a modernisation is not required I would've thought. Its also fair that the lift company is doing its best to rectify the problem but sometimes it can be difficult. Think of the situation when a rattle in your car goes away when you take it to the mechanics and they cant fix what isn't broken. On whether you should move or not, stick to the building as finance considerations is generally the best way to go and lets face it, a little exercise sometimes(being only 5 floors) twice a day isn't 'that' bad. My advice is to stay where you are, have patience that the lift will be fixed soon enough.



   
ReplyQuote
 IJGN
(@IJGN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well said uppo, basically I was just curious about the codes, I never had any intentions of touching anything, I "know my place" so to speak as just a tenant- But my nature is to learn and I want to know why something doesn't work.

Stairs are ok but 2 years takes a toll on the knees, with a dog that's many extra trips. The kone tech did fix it-- so it is fine for now. Hoping is lasts! Really wish I catch him sometime again to learn more.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top