Elevator Forum

Dover DMC door scan...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover DMC door scan issue.

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,383 Views
(@Brett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8492]
I got a call on a dmc about the rear doors opening very slowly. When I got to the job I pluged into it and noticed there was no count on the door scan. So I went throgh the steps to rescan the doors. Making sure I was scanning the proper door (RDR). I scanned and saved it and went to look at the scan and it ws still showing 00000. With that I threw some parts I had on the truck at it. A new 6300FX3 board and a new encoder and wiring. Performed another scan and still showing 00000 and doors have the same symptoms. Any ideas on what this could be?



   
Quote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you put the unit on inspection before the scan? Also, did the door cycle after putting the unit back on auto? Was the serial link cable plugged into the door board? Sometimes, I can't get a scan by plugging into the controller, or even the CLC board behind the COP.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh, by the way, I did have a brand new encoder and the wires on the connectors that plug into the board were not seated. Check continuity with a meter. We ended up soldering them into the connector. Pain in the ass, and melted some plastic, but its been running for over a year.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When you do your door learn the car needs to be on automatic. Also check if you have door faults and make sure DOL and DCL inputs are being seen correctly by the processor. If it doesn't see DOL and DCL your not gonna learn the doors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Brett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did have it on inspect before the scan. Putting it on auto the doors did cycle. I then saved it per the next step in the book with no luck in any parameters being seen. I also made sure I was getting on the dol and dcl. I will check my connections again in the morning. Thank y'all for your help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Brett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I found the problem. Adjustment 18 on the CLC should be set to 1 if there are rear doors. When I checked, it was set to 0. With it setup this way the doors still worked they just opened slowly because there was no scan saved.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top