Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MPH-2 PROBLEM

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
36.9 K Views
 CES
(@CES)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#18824]
I'm hoping someone can shed a little light on an issue I've been having with this elevator. I've read some earlier posts from others though they didn't quiet answer this problem.

The car will run all day but some time over the night it will get a re-leveling fault then the low oil timmer will kick in. I sat here one night watching this car and of course it ran perfect all night and into the following morning. But since then it is constantly found at the bottom terminal landing with the re-leveling fault / low oil. So I know it's attempting to re-level at some point then low oil will time out. However, it works fine all day long and will also re-level as needed.

I've changed out the HU sensor which gave me a positive response for about 3 days. Then, back to being down every morning. I went ahead and replaced the other 3 sensors but the issue continues to return. All boards appear to to be fine but who know's, again, the car runs all day long.

In an earlier post someone mentioned the cold oil start could possibly be pushing the car up causing a re-leveling fault. They recommended backing out BP but when I arrived on this job cold oil was already disabled. With that said, I wired it back in with hopes for a lucky longshot and wasn't very optimistic about this resolving my issue. Needless to say the problem is still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the HTT tool which honestly seems very limited although, at least I see the faults. If a board replacement is suggested please specify which one and your opinion on why this would happen overnight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Possibly a power problem. You need to check the voltage at the EPROM power pins and make sure it is 5.2v. If it is not adjust the power supply so you have 5.2v at the EPROM (Top right+, bottom left-). Also could be AC ripple on power supply. If it does prove to be power possibly you could configure a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply Battery back up) to keep power on the board when glitches occur. Power companies do a lot of strange things at off hours.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It is fairly easy to check if the car is moving when it try's to heat the oil. This is also the likely culprit, unless the low oil time is too short. Disconnect the US Coil, turn UA and UL all the way in. Now run the car on inspect, if it moves you need to adjust the valve sizing by turning the BPS out until the car stops moving, plus another 1/2 turn. I assume this is a Maxton valve.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just had one with a bad valve and intermittently hit the ring,run fine for a week then act up again finally got it to miss slowdown at other floors,checked leveling speed 7fpm then again 128fpm



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Same fault low oil or bad level up eye



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
EECO valve, UL strainer



   
ReplyQuote
 CES
(@CES)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for all the replies. I'll be heading there soon to apply some of your suggestions. However, the cold oil circuit has been disabled for many years prior to me being in the picture. I added this circuit back in and tested both ways, problem is the same. I'll be checking voltages and logging the power today in hopes of catching something. Anything else please let me know and I'll follow up with an update over the weekend.

Thanks again!



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
JP,
Haven't run into that on an mph yet. Although I've seen similar issues on other units.
I recommend the following,
1) disabling the hall calls
2) call the car to the bottom landing
3) shut off the main line
4) place a gauge on the valve
5) close the shut off between the jack and pump unit
6) give it 15 minutes and check if the car is still level and the gauge held pressure
7) open the shut off valve
8) turn the power back on
9) bleed the manual lowering valve repeatedly re level the car
10) observe your starter (solid state, wye delta, across the line?)
Let's see if we can recreate the trouble consistently.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
UA



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Make sure that the LEDS on the LZDS are at 12:00 or 6:00.



   
ReplyQuote
 CES
(@CES)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks again for the continued support. I've tried all of the above including attempting to duplicate the issue. That was one of the first things I did. So this time I installed a camera because I've never witnessed the cause of the faults (re-leveling fault, then goes into low oil). Believe it or not, the elevator ran almost flawlessly for 3 days though I did get to witnessed one event while it was at the second floor. The camera woke me up at 4:00 am while the elevator was attempting to level up, then it overshoot the 2nd floor, then level back down. It did this repeatedly about 4 times until it finally stopped at the floor. However, The car did not shut down during this event though I assume this is the problem. The elevator ran normally until I removed the camera's and of course it shut down the next day.

Do you guys believe this is more of a valve problem? I opened up all stems which I cleaned out a very minimal amount of gunk which did happen to change the way the car operated. I had to do a little more adjusting to get the car level at the landing zones again, this was after the valve stems were cleaned. Pressures do hold and there is never any oil loss. I can't see this being an electrical problem at this point but the strange thing is that it only faults out overnight, and of course when it's not being observed.

Really appreciate all of your help, I've been working on elevators for 20 years and I can honestly say this is one of the strangest. I Just wanted to reduce the cost by making the right decision on what to replace.

The valve is an EECO UV5 about 15 years old.

Thanks again,



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't have much experience with these and I dislike EECO valves. But I am curious about your camera setup. What triggered the camera to alert you? I have been thinking about setting something up like this. I'd love to hear more about your setup.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had an issue like this with an MPH2, I remember the issue was exactly the same. It ended up being a timer that had something to do with the oil heating. I cannot for the life of me recall the exact timer. It may be worthwhile for you to check them out.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top