Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC20

30 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
39.4 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You won’t see the new LN in LON explorer until you delete the old one, add the new, find & bind with Advanced LON manager. You should be able to get the file by selecting the channel B in explorer and downloading, it will put the file in the job folder in IMS folder.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I found an exact job that works with no issues and took the suspected LN board and install and it worked perfectly that is why I know it is not the LN board ,so I install it back in unit that cop is not responsive that is why I didn't need to go through LN replacing procedure



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I should say that I am far from an expert on LON and don’t work on it very often. But that goes contrary to the way I think of LON working. While you can find a job with an identical cfg file, the nodes have unique addresses, that’s why you have to use the Replace Node, Delete Node, Add Node, Find Node, Functions in Advanced LON Manager. But if that LN worked in another car, and maybe someone else with a better understanding can explain how, I guess you can assume that it’s OK. You probably are going to have to replace the 188e but first you need to rule out the cable. Read LCH1 & LCH2 to ground or the shield, looking for Mohms, unplug the LN and make sure you can read the 188E’s termination resistance from LCH1 to LCH2.

At this point, if the cable checks out, you have to get Advanced LON manager working!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was surprised as well to find a job that has an exact LON configuration file and it did work with no problem ,it is very rare!
I will definitely recheck cables again and probably connect LN board directly to 188E bypassing CWID ,travel cable and channel interface board in controller and see if LON starts responding .
I searched about the LONTALK board and apparently there were setting that I needed to change to make it work ,I am going back on Monday to try it again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Under channel A or B how do you add Host in LON Explorer? When I search for nodes under advanced LON manager I see the LN but not the host



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In Advanced LON Manager, select the correct channel, click Add Node, press the service pin for that channel on 188E.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 09/11/18 01:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Channel A is car side, channel B is hoistway. Host is on the 188e card I believe. Been a super long time, but it was find and bind for nodes, and adding hosts was at the card in machine room.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys I will try that, this has been a nightmare except it doesn't go away when I wake up since I never dealt with LON issues before

Last edited by Rav4guy; 09/11/18 04:26 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have to press serv pin in Machine room too...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I ordered new 188e board which is 6300ky14 and apparently it is compatible with all 188e board as long as I can upload v4r5d software which I don't have ,does anyone have this software?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I made a post on how to set up a lon helping someone out about a year or two ago.. See if you can find it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Channel A was not responsive and ended up being the 188e board and when I ordered a new board they sent me 6300ky14 which requires newer software version v4r5d,I was able to set up LON on new board no problem just the existing software version doesn't support this new board.
Do you have ._080000.dat file version v4r5d?

Last edited by Rav4guy; 09/18/18 09:47 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
PM



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rav4guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hate to reply to an old post.. I have the echelon USB adapter along with the cable vertical express sells. Am I missing something? I’m assuming I need another adapter just not sure what exactly



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top