Elevator Forum

Kone KCM 831 LCE Tr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone KCM 831 LCE Traction Monospace.

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
33.9 K Views
(@teamplayer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5798]
I am new to this site but I appreciate the commet made by Broke Sheave on 7-14-12. Because thats the position I'm in. Kone removed from a job and the company I'm with jumping on their misfotune. My problem is programing these phones. When a call is placed from the elevator, a lady awnsers very rudely commeting this phones are no longer being monitured. These phone are no more than a call button and a speaker connected through a ribbon cable. Any input appreciated.



   
Quote
(@SteveO)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you look inside of the box on top of the car there are two boards.....more than likely. One has the travelers connected to it. This is called a ccbn. The other is mounted vertically and has a 10-wire cable connected to it coming from the ccbn connector xb18. The board is called a RIF board. It is for the phone and remote monitoring when kone is answering the phone. To change the number in the rif you will first need to get the incoming phone number. See if the owner has the manuals that kone SHOULD have provided to them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Team player, I have reprogrammed many of these phones. I have the paper work to do so, which I can send you if you want.

The first thing you need is the phone number of the line in the elevator. The second is, that you need to call Kone and speak in a nice manner that you would like to decommision the phone in the elevator.

It's a 50 50 chance that the operator will do it on the first try, One of their tricks is to partially decommision the phone. This will result in a static sound on the phone. When you call and say that there is a static sound they will say the phone line is bad. Wrong, pull the line and attach it to a hand set. It will work fine, then they will say that the board is bad. I can't be because I just called you with it before the decommisioning and it worked fine.

At this point they sometimes can get nasty, but here is where you have to be nice and explain that it is state code for the phone to work please try to decommision again. Eventually they will stop playing with you and do it right. When it is decommisioned you can use the paperwork that I can provide you with to reprogram the phone just like any other. As you can tell, I have been down this road many times with them. It is funny that I can call from different cities hundreds of miles apart and get the results that I just stated.

At first I thought "okay" I can't seem to get a Kone CSR that knew what they were doing. After about the 5th time I recognized the same couple of names. Then the light went on. They are doing this on purpose because the same lady can't possibly make the exact same mistake over and over again and give the same explanation every time. 🙂 Good luck and let me know when to send the paperwork via email.

Last edited by aquadag; 02/09/13 02:22 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@teamplayer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
SteveO and aquadag thanks for your replies. Just got back to the office and I am reviewing the information. Headed back to field and i will get back to you. I believe the information aquadag is offering will be very helpful. I am unclear how this information will be sent. As mentioned I'm new to this site . I will send my e-mail to your e-mail post.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Welcome, Teamplayer!

Mind if I ask where you are in this world? 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
update on post. call Kone from elevator phone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jacek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi Aquadag,
Please send me instruction how to reprogram Traction Monospace phones.
Beast regards Jacek



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just fit a generic autodialler system and save yourself lots of grief.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Absolutely agree with koneisland fit a memcom or any less hassle



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They really are not that difficult to program, unless they have used a non-standard password, should be 5663 or 1234, or if you want to change or turn off the outgoing message. Just call into the phone and follow the KRMS book I assume you got from Aquadag. I have been told that you can get Kone to do it for you if you call and ask nice or have the building owner call and demand that they make their phone work as the code requires.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jacek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hallow,
I am from Poland and I have same problem with these phones.
I need this paper, if You can Please send me.
Best regards Jacek



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jacek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have anybody instruction for reprogram Traction Monospace phones please send me.
Aquadag have not send me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pm me or post ur email



   
ReplyQuote
(@dandaman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Make sure you don't send Aquadag any $$. He ripped us off.



   
ReplyQuote
 Meno
(@Meno)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm late to the party but I would love the programming info on these we took over one after building sold and remodeled and phone goes to a monitoring service that is no longer being paid to monitor the address so they are less then pleased. [emailΒ protected]. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top