Elevator Forum

Glide A Door Op Upg...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Glide A Door Op Upgrade

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,645 Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40792]
Anyone upgrade an AT 400 to a Glide A? Or have the installation instructions? Want to know what the transformer assembly is for?



   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Transformer is mounted in the controller because glide uses 240 vs at400 using 120 if I recall correctly.

Great upgrade in my opinion!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I it has an eru you will also need a different eru board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What controller are you putting it on? I may have the wiring changes paperwork that comes with the glide. And just a heads up it needs a constant DO and DC signal from the controller so if you don't have that you'll need to add a self holding circuit with a couple relays.



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
MCE and alpha have an option the hold to DO/DC outputs. If you're not using an OTIS, Alpha, or MCE, I would recommend using the MONXT-OMNI which has a built-in param to address this issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just out of curiosity, what controller has a discrete operator that doesn’t leave DO/DC outputs on until the limit?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unitec use to make a cable retractable gal style clutch that would work with a linear operator. Not sure if they still offer it or how well it worked. We typically only use the glide if we're modding something with the older Otis style locks and pick up rollers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otis lrs/lrv 3&4 do not have a constant DO&DC signal
I believe the lrv 5 does



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have and LRV/RS, the docs on this page should get you going. https://www.unitecparts.com/elevators/door-systems/door-operator/glide-a.html



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah it's not complicated, you just have to know that's what then operator wants to see



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s a 211



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hmm… how did I not know that? I guess I haven’t done a door operator upgrade on one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by beaupeep
Anyone upgrade an AT 400 to a Glide A? Or have the installation instructions? Want to know what the transformer assembly is for?

AT400 is 110Vdc
Glide A/P is 220Vac, which is why you need the transformer.

211/LVM, very straight forward swap. Should be able to do in a day. Like mentioned above, if you have an Aut-O-Saf you will need to replace in the board.

Last edited by tayto; 03/14/26 08:14 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Chris MEI)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm swapping an at400 to a glide on a gcs gen 2 controller. Has anyone done this before. If so, any wiring diagrams, actual diagrams. I have the book, it's vague. Also the gcs print shows the acronym dso, anyone know the meaning? Any help is appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Chris MEI)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm swapping an at400 to a glide on a gcs gen 2 controller. Has anyone done this before. If so, any wiring diagrams, actual diagrams. I have the book, it's vague. Also the gcs print shows the acronym dso, anyone know the meaning? Any help is appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top