Elevator Forum

Dover DMC service t...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover DMC service tools

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
20.5 K Views
(@500fpm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24114]
I was wondering what tools different technicians preferred for DMCs. Has anyone used the ECI one? Anyone prefer other ones? Is the original fast tool still available?



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Fast tool for DMC is with IMS..



   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I thought ECI just repaired but didn't provide the original Dover fast tool. All TKE/ old Dover mechanic prefer their original handheld fast tools. Even compared to laptop based programs that TKE has provided later aren't quite as user friendly to a mechanic familiar with the original factory tool. But I'm sure there are plenty out there that get the job done.



   
ReplyQuote
(@djenergy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe i have IMS cheap



   
ReplyQuote
(@Chainring)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use the World Electronics software on an aged laptop, and it works well, especially with their tech support at times.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TotheTop)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I never used the original tool, but I have had a good experience with the World Electronics tool and software. The tech support is really good and is an added benefit of purchasing their tool.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There's nothing like the original tool. No they are not made anymore.

IMS has nothing to do with FAST.

I've seen someone using the World Tool, they liked it. I imagine it's cool once you get used to it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
E-Man when you do a full install of IMS CD it has a DMC tool, Door Fast & UDC fast which gets used with an orange cable interface and you change com port drivers to use them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rolly is correct. The fast tools (DMC, Door Fast, & UDC) uses 485 communication. IMS uses RS 232. So you can easily change the com port drivers accordingly and make sure you use the proper cable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does TK sell that package to other companies? I thought it was just for their mechanics.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's on the black market tk does not sell it



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I understand Rolly. I just want people to understand that IMS is a program used as a tool and FAST is a tool used on a DMC.



   
ReplyQuote
 GSS
(@GSS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anybody have a user manual for the DMC Fast ? I'm communicating with my ancient DMCI but it's not taking my adjustments.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pm me



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top