Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dmc1

23 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25.5 K Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26962]
Had power problems in building. Fast program gets no response from device. So I figure bad board. I disconnected the 2 door boards and the selector and still no response from device. My selector board is acting weird. When I first opened it up no lights. After reset it blinks super fast then goes off. So I’m pretty sure my selector board is causing the problem. But I would have liked to see my fast program communicating after disconnecting selector board
WgAt do you guys think ?



   
Quote
(@Jimmytwotimes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Probably bad clc, and selector needs a hoist way scan but CLC is not communicating.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Clc is in the car station panel? Or in the machine room ? Which board in car station pAnel if that’s where it is ?

Last edited by Jluff; 05/23/19 12:48 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@JHessorz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CLC is your main board in the COP. You can buy them new or get them repaired from World Electronics.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The board with the battery ? If I disconnect this board will my fast program connect ? Do I lose my programming when replacing this board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you take the battery out or the battery dies and power is removed you will lose settings. Its not hard to setup. You need to set your floors right front and rear...fire service...learn trip and slowdown settings are just a few.

Last edited by UpandDown2321; 05/23/19 10:00 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Does anyone have programming instructions ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
PM email



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have another car in the same bank with same openings you can upload the parameters to your tool save then plug into clc of other car. And the. Upload and except for master slave adj you are back up.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ale H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a similar problem "No response from device". I'm using a converter from Usb to RS485. The COM1 is set as ACPI and the COM2 is the usb serial port.

I don't have communication between the pc and the DMCI.



   
ReplyQuote
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Look at previous posts on dmc on this blog, your answer is posted on blog.

First , always check power supply 5vdc, then check ripple voltage on power supply.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ale H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I couldn't find info about that. Hope someone can help me with that configuration. I have to say that I'm using a virtual machine with windows xp installed.

I've checked the voltage and everything is good.

Last edited by Ale H; 08/05/19 01:30 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you used this setup before on a DMC? What is the converter you’re using? DMCs can be really finicky getting tools to communicate even if everything is correct. Make sure you try the door and selector, sometimes those will talk but the CLC won’t. Are you sure the adapter you’re using is connecting to the correct pins on the DB-25? Also be careful hooking up to it, there’s 24vdc present to power the FAST tool or the Orange cord adapter. It could damage the adapter if it has a connection to that pin.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ale H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've been working with the Cablemax FTDI USB a RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 converter. I'll try again but with an old computer with serial port. I only want to make an hoistway scan and check some faults, will work If use a normal serial cable (db9) and then a conector to db25? I don't have the orange cable, but I think that cable only is neccesary for the door adjustment.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You can buy the orange cable.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top