Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dmc1

23 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25.5 K Views
(@Ale H)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is neccesary? I won't do any door adjustment



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dont use a standard DB9 cable and 25 pin adapter. You will blow fuses. Get the orange cables as stated if you dont have the adapters that work for standard cable
And yes I found that out the hard way lol

Last edited by UpandDown2321; 08/06/19 04:43 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is an interesting problem though. I’d like to try to get DMC1 Fast to work on a VM with a USB adapter too. Has anyone got this to work? I’m trying to get a USB to 485 adapter to work on an old laptop that works with Com 1 first but haven’t had success with that yet let alone going to the VM.

You will also find that if you try to set up a CLC for testing, only the actual FAST tool likes to work. You will have better luck with a door board. I don’t know why that is, haven’t tried hooking the 2 together to see if then the laptop will talk to the CLC.

Oh, and if you get the 25 pin harness from TKE to hook up for testing this out, remember the Red wire is G24, the Black wire is P24. You will smoke the 485 chip on your FAST tool if you hook it up the way that makes sense. Ask me how I know that. And if you look in a DMC controller you will see that that’s the way that harness is wired there too. And the Orange cord does use that 24v so it has to be present for the adapter to work.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NONVISIONWINGS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have been trying the usb to 485 as well. Only works with serial db9 and "orange cable". I picked up a usb to 485 adapter plus orange cable, but not sure if the driver can do the same thing as ACPI like the serial one does that works.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you saying you could get it to work with a USB to 232 adapter and the Orange Cord? I didn’t think that would work. I just tried a Tripp-lite USB to RS-422/485 adapter but pretty much gave up on it. The driver doesn’t really have any settings to mess with. I tried installing the same 485 ACPI driver that Orange cord uses but that didn’t work either. I’m thinking the adapter will have to have to have a more full featured driver, maybe B&B Electronics. The chip in the Orange cord and the little Grey adapter is an SP491 full duplex 485 transceiver. PSC is wired to A and NSC to B, that’s it. Doesn’t seem like it would be so difficult. Does the World tool have a USB adapter or do you have to have a serial port?



   
ReplyQuote
(@NONVISIONWINGS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have gone through the same as you. Just easier to use serial db9 computers for dmc1 pc at this time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Y'all are trying to build way overcomplicated things. Dmc has been around for 30+ years. Just user what was designed in the 1980s



   
ReplyQuote
(@djenergy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CLC+ADJ+1+ENTER (CLEAR FAULTS)
EDT+1+ENTER+EDT+0+ ENTER (CLEARED FAULTS)
SEL+PAR+PRE (ENTER SETUP MODE)
CLC+ADJ+2+ ENTER +EDT (#FLOORS)+ENT+SAV (ADJUST NUMBER FLOORS)
CLC+ADJ+ (52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59)+ENT+EDT (NUMBER FROM TABLE TO CALL SERVICE GROUP AND CAR)
PUT ELEVATOR LOWER ENDING AND PUSH BUTTON IN SELECTOR CARD FOR ERASE FAULTS
GO TRAVEL IN INSPECTION FROM LOWER END TO TOP END (CHECK LED IN SELECTOR BOARD IS ON CONTINUE ALONG TRAVEL)
WHEN ELEVATOR STOP IN TOP END PLS SLOWLY PUSH TO DOWN AROUND 5" AND CHECK IF LED IN SELECTOR BOARD START TO BLINKING
NOW SEL+ADJ+0+SAV FOR SAVE PARAMETERS
NOW PUT IN AUTOMATIC



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top