Elevator Forum

Westinghouse ATM MP...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse ATM MPG re-leveling

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17.3 K Views
 pez
(@pez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19884]
I've got a Westinghouse ATM MPG or MG 10A 11 stop unit that overshoots the floor in the up direction by about 3" and re-levels consistently at all floors. Down direction just misses floor level now and than by about 1/2". Anyone know what might be goin on?



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pez
I'm not familiar with the ATM MPG. Is the car stepping down in speed as it approaches the floors?



   
ReplyQuote
 pez
(@pez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes. It's stepping down but just passes floor level a little to fast and re levels.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not familiar with ATM MPG designation either, does it have a regulator/Generator?



   
ReplyQuote
 pez
(@pez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes, it's a geared DC motor with generator. The motor tag is from 1985.



   
ReplyQuote
 pez
(@pez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm hearing this unit is an Epoch 1 but don't see it labeled anywhere



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If it is an Epoch you need a service tool...



   
ReplyQuote
 pez
(@pez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for responding. We do have the service tool. Ive tried FHU, floor height update seemed to take but no change. Do you know if there are parameters that change slowdown profile or maybe leveling speed? This seems like it will be a simple adjustment but I have no info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If this is an MG set without tach feedback I'd say it's under compounded but I've never seen one of these controllers either. Is inspect speed close up vs. down?



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
May wanna look at the DDD board on the governor.



   
ReplyQuote
 pez
(@pez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Indirt, haven't checked inspection speed, or contract speed for that matter. We'll check tomorrow.
E-man, I do have extra gov. boards. We'll check that too.
Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I also seem to recall some negative feedback diodes that would burn up. Westinghouse Schindler had an upgrade to mount some higher current outboard diodes and do away with the small ones.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If I remember correctly there is an adjustment called "acceleration feedback". Been a long time since seeing one but this should control profile. It is a pot on one of the boards.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does this epoch use optical sensors and reflective tape for leveling? I had some epochs with leveling issues, I replaced the reflective tape and the issues went away.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pez
Here is what I have in my notes for epoch.
Check POS16 and make sure the car position is hitting the target.
Compare POS16 to AVP16 count. Should be within 4
Check your PE2 boards, you may have a dead zone.
If your confident they are 100%, try adjusting the acceleration feed back board potentiometer MGI R9 ( no more then 2 turns ).
Check your negative feedback
Try changing out MGI or MGA.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top