Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2

34 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
33.5 K Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19888]
Got a gen 2 Mrl 4 stop. Keeps intermittently shutting down top floor on Saftey chain open.. have to hit the gov reset button to get back in service. Any ideas of why this may happen ?



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You checked tail sheave in Pit? Really need a fault list.

Last edited by Rolly; 03/16/17 01:58 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Where should I go for fault list ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Gov reset or UCM reset ? Hitting gov reset shouldn't do anything unless your in safety test function I thought ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's the trip reset button



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
have you checked the car speed, and Governor trip speed with a tach?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I will do that n gather more intell... no one is getting trapped in it. It's always level at the top landing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check gov sheave depth with gauge an make sure tail sheave switch arm in center of two bolts



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you put your eyes on the switch itself to make sure it is resetting fully every time?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's been on the top floor each time. So I cannot look at switch until it's reset and running But it appears to be in proper position I will b back soon as it happens once a week.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
sounds like your resetting UCM reset not gov reset if it was gov you would know where faults are you have to use tool for gov reset pushing button does nothing with out tool



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's what I thought. Gov reset should only be operative if in safety function mode through the service tool . Sounds like you are either hitting CPU or UCM reset. Or are you going in through the tool to reset the governor ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have service tool. Just never had any training on it I have to learn everything on the job as I go. I can view the shut down messages which was Saftey chain and drive. I thought it was the gov reset I was pushing. It sounds like I'm wrong
I will try to get fault list next time. I was just asking for some guidance to navigate thru tool to them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was doin power on resets thru the tool and it wasn't resetting and checking the shut downs. That's all I did with the tool Then the shutdowns cleared after hitting what sounds like a reset on the controller in door jam on top floor That's what I thought was gov reset



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No worries jluff just trying to establish what is happening . Haven't worked on a true MRL Gen 2 in ten years ( that was the only type of Gen 2 in the u.k where you don't need. Controller space ) . All of mine here have the controller exterior . With that type of controller the gov trip / reset button is a silver button on the maintenance panel above the moveable circuit jumper on the right hand side side ( above controller inspection controls ) it only functions if you go in to safety test functions ( m-2-2-5-1 on service tool ) and scroll through until you come to Gov trip or gov reset . You enable one or the other and then the button should work ( or quite often not as the solenoids in the governor tend to pack up ) . The buttons on the board are UCM reset button and CpU reset button . I don't know the setup in the door jamb with the controller in the hoistway tho to be honest so it could be the Gov trip/reset you are hitting . The fault lists you should look at are the OCSS event list ( M-1-2 ) the MCSS event list (M-2-2-2 ) ( this is the most important one ) and the DBSS ( M-4 ) . With the drive there are two fault logs one gives you a history in a format that looks like this
F58 R20 F56 R45. Etc ....
The f number is a fault code and the R number is the amount of times it ran between the faults . To clear the ocss and mcss fault logs go into the log to view the faults and hit blue 5 blue enter . To clear the drive faults is an option at DBSS menu.
Next time you get the fault make a note of all the info in the above event lists and then clear them all . Let us know what they say . Hope this helps .



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top