Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2

34 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
33.5 K Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you pieman. That helps a lot



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If it is the UCM reset you are hitting ( and after certain faults you have to ) and the elevator is faulting out at floor level I would have said a very likely culprit is the brake switches , as they are quite a common fault . However that would not explain why always the top floor ? When the fault happens do you find it bang on floor level at the top ? I'm wondering if you are getting 'roll back ' when trying to go down from the top ? Anyway ...take a look at the logs/ events and that should point us in the right direction .



   
ReplyQuote
(@rami410)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check level and slow speed magnets at top floor then you have to make learn run

Last edited by rami410; 03/20/17 10:30 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@rami410)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CAN YOU TELL WHICH CONTROLLER BOARD YOU USE
GECB I OR GECB II OR TCBC

if you have the service tool (AND THE CONTROLLER IS GECB II) , when you connect it you have
1 GECB 2 DRIVE

PRESS ONE TO ENTER THE GECB
THEN PRESS 1-2-1 READ THE EVENT LOG
IN ORDER TO ERASE THEM PRESS BLUE 2

THEN PRESS MODULE 2 TIMES
THEN PRESS 2 TO ENTER THE DRIVE
PRESS 2-1 READ THE FAULT
IN ORDER TO ERASE THEM AFTER U ENTER THE DRIVE MENU
PRESS 2-2 BLUE ENETR

IF YOU CAN GIVE ME THE EVENT LOG FROM GECB AND FAULT LOG FROM DRIVE I CAN HELP YOU

IF YOU LIKE ILL SEND YOU MY PHONE NUMBER AND YOU CAN CALL ME WHEN YOU ARE AT SITE



   
ReplyQuote
(@rami410)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
if the problem is from brake switched it will give BS1-BS2 fault, and not all gen2 have brake switches.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Check your private message



   
ReplyQuote
(@rami410)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have sent my no.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
All Gen 2 machines I have come across have brake switches . I would be surprised if there are any that didn't .



   
ReplyQuote
(@rami410)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
it depends on the speed and load , all of gen2comfort which comes from Spain with 1m/s and loads up to 630kg comes without brake switches



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ah ok , all of the ones I have worked on in the last ten years have been 350 f.p.m which all have brake switches and most have had faults on those brake switches at one point or another ! Do they use the Spanish machines much in the states ? I seem to remember when they used the Spanish machines in the U.K going back 15 years or so there was a lot of issues with the brakes ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok guys here are the fault logs
Mcss
2000
2001
2002
2003 0001 330997
2201 0001 330998
2414 0027 002880
2610 0005 233173
2700 005 233175
2703
2704

Ocss
1000
1001
1002
1004
1101
1104
1201
1202
1500
1501
1502
1504
1505

Dbss
913
900
303
304
401

Manual reset is the button I hit to reset it



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ok , without running through everything , the first bunch on the mcss are power failure / resets/ comms errors etc.. That you would expect to see after a power on reset. The ones of interest are
2700 ( not ready to run -brake dropped )
2703 ( drive fault )
2704 ( stop and shutdown message )

From here you need to look at the drive faults ,the one you're interested in is
401 ( brake SAS )
Basically means the brake switch(s) is in an unexpected condition , either your brake picked and the switches didn't or the brake dropped and the switches never changed state .

Either way sounds like brake switches . Quite a common fault on Gen 2 ( in my experience anyway ) the older machines Otis used to sell a brake switch replacement kit and it was a relative easy fix which worked well . On the newer machines I have only come across it once ( on an optimized 3.2 T machine ) I removed the rubber cover and cleaned out some dust and crap left over from construction and the fault went away .

The only thing throwing me is why always the top floor ? Unless maybe you are overshooting onto the limit forcing the brake do drop while the drive still ramped up and showing up as a drive fault ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Manual reset by the way I believe replaced the CPU and UCM resets from the older controllers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok thanks pie. I cleared all the faults. I will inspect break switch and report back next time it shuts down.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm pretty sure the car is level at the top floor each time
Next time I will make sure of that.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top