Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC 32 low oil

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
29.6 K Views
(@gandye92)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#18116]
Hi, coworker has a nagging issue with a TAC 32. It shuts down every couple days with a low oil fault. Seems to only happen overnight. We adjusted the valve for proper leveling distances and speeds. It's a I2 valve, by the way. We also cleaned the strainer on the valve to eliminate that as a possibility. Obviously, we checked the oil levels and made sure no cavitation was occurring. Not sure what we are missing. Could it be running on viscosity and not bypassing the low oil timer during it? I don't have any 32 on my route so these controllers, although look similar to the 20 and Icon, seems to have quite a few differences. Also looks like it has a few proprietary peculiarities that I am not privy to. Just navigating he LCD screen was frustrating. Any ideas would be appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What fault code specifically is it getting?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I ask because the 1043 is the standard low oil shutdown but I have had problems with the Z44 adjustment causing 1123 Up run stalled faults. Sticky packings can cause this but more than once I have had to reload the software because no matter what I set Z44 to, typing Z44 in remote fast would return Z44=0. I think that fault was a Run Monitor though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NY Guy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the car is relevelling quite often while static, leakdown back into tank or leaky packing, you might ocassionally have a contact failure for the low speed valve causing the car to time out since motor is running but valve is not opening. we have seen this a lot with constant relevelling every few minutes on Tac 20. All the best!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There are no relay contacts in the valve coil circuit on a TAC32 and it monitors that there is voltage on the coil.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
See if your coworker can view the position count while the car is in viscosity mode. If the low pressure setting is wrong, the car will creep up, level back down over and over. Or, disconnect the hi/low temp wires for a period of time and see if the trouble disappears. And it never hurts to check the low oil timer setting.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Never try to clean the screen on your up leveling adjuster On the I2 and I3 valves...just replace it. The screen is too fine to accurately clean. A dirty leveling adjuster can can even cause LOT to intermittently fire or the car can stall all together.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would 2nd that. By a mile the most common cause of any up issues in an I-2 or I-3 valve. Always have a spare and clear O-Rings, replace the O-rings if the adjuster can be turned by hand, and PLEASE, Never remove the screen!



   
ReplyQuote
(@railbug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd try keeping it simple and if you've replaced the up leveling screen, you might take a look at the other screen that is located underneath the up pilot block...we had a lot of these getting clogged after construction due to lint ( running a rag thru the pipe to clean it)
good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try tweaking the up slowdown in just a fuzz had a few stall out and that took care of it, check leveling speed first



   
ReplyQuote
(@gandye92)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Great tips guys! I will relay this information to my co worker and I will report our success. He already disconnected the cold temp thermostat. If it runs for a couple days that will narrow our search.



   
ReplyQuote
(@gandye92)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok so it turns out the the relief pressure was t set correctly. It was set to bypass at around 200 but was supposed to reach 305. It was prolly stalling at night when the cleaners were loading up their carts or whatever. You have to put your detective hat on when diagnosing these problems I have come to realize. Anyway, the elevator is coming up to speed nicely and after some adjusting all the floor levels and approaches are perfect. This was something we hadn't considered given the elevator had passed inspection and was sealed. Just proves that you can't assume things and take things for granted I suppose. We haven't had the elevator running for long but I am confident this was the issue with it.

Last edited by gandye92; 09/28/16 09:55 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice work! Thanks for the update.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those numbers sound low. I do a lot of tac32H elevators and typical no load pressure is 160-180, with a full load pressure around 320-360. Typical relief is set in the mid 400's to the low 500's.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philelevman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would agree those pressures seem low. Is this a twin post telescopic?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top