Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/01/2019 7:37 pm
Had a flood. Water damage to universal door control board on top of car. Is this board a drop in replacement? Will I have to do any programming with IMS on the new board ?
24/01/2019 7:50 pm
You will need to setup the board. There are manuals on vertical express that are useful.
Topic starter
25/01/2019 4:04 am
Vertical express will not give me set up procedures Does any one have them ?
25/01/2019 4:55 am
the website has a list of operators with setup instructions. You can download one that fits your needs. You will need software based on your door configuration. If you have a operator with a UIT I have swapped boards, the software is retained and a few parameters and your in business. If it's a operator without UIT you will need IMS and software.
Topic starter
25/01/2019 5:23 am
I have IMS but no software
25/01/2019 9:19 am
Order a NEW door board, should be a 6300PA6, a 6300HL1 UIT and the 6” ribbon cable part #9863295. You can do it without the ribbon cable but it makes it a lot easier. The NEW door board will come with V2R24 generic software and has the profiles already loaded and accessible through a new menu called Config or something like that. So you can just plug it in, pick the right profile from the UIT, save to flash, do an autonull and a scan, turn it off, pull the UIT and keep it for the next time. You should be in business.
Topic starter
25/01/2019 2:42 pm
They gave me part number 980377 door operator board. This is the board that fits the motor . There is no UIT
25/01/2019 6:16 pm
When you order the board you would order the UIT seperate.I would get it since the door operator UIT can be used from job to job, easier to carry than a laptop.
Topic starter
05/02/2019 12:31 am
I tried to do it with out the UIT . But my ims would not get into the door diagnostics smart fast . It said only DMC II .
So I ordered the UIT. will I be able to do everything from the UIT interface ?
So I ordered the UIT. will I be able to do everything from the UIT interface ?
05/02/2019 1:50 am
If you have IMS and it was installed correctly there should be an icon on desktop called UDC Fast. You use a Thyssen (RS-485) Orange cable to plug into board on top of car. You must also change the serial port driver to ACPI before trying to connect to door board.
05/02/2019 7:02 am
I think it does say DMC-II. It kind of is. I think that’s what the Tac20 was going to be called before Thyssen bought Dover. But you can do everything from the UIT.
07/02/2019 11:09 am
Tac20 should be a 6300py3. Which replaces a py1. All you need is the uit like dirt mentioned
08/02/2019 8:18 am
PY is the old style like a DMC, no UIT. Newer TAC20’s came with PA boards or “UDC”
Topic starter
10/02/2019 1:38 am
Vertical express send me the ribbon cable only. No UIT . Now they tell me UIT interface takes months to ship .
10/02/2019 3:09 am
Bummer, you can borrow one off of another door operator with UIT or a 10K drive.
Page 1 / 2
Next