Elevator Forum

Otis SPEC 60 (MRQ) ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis SPEC 60 (MRQ) security

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,957 Views
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#25754]
I have a customer who wants to add security to their 2 passenger cars with SPEC 60 (MRQ) controls. I know that the calls are serial and this will require some hardware to make it work. The existing job prints are missing some pages and I don't know for sure if there was anything in those pages that would have shown board addressing and wiring for the serial boards needed. I dug up an Otis article on how to program card reader operation for this type of equipment but I don't know if I can order a kit from Unitec for this project or if I have to piece meal it all together? Does anyone have a set of prints from a job that had security? I think I can use RS5 boards but I don't know what they should be addressed to either. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unitec will sell you a card reader "kit". Has RS5's, and little terminal strips in a 12x12 jbox



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You'll have to program obviously



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Philly. I asked our local Unitec rep about that and he either didn't know about it or doesn't have the info for it. Do you happen to have a part number or any reference I can use to request that? I stumbled onto an article on the programming but I'm more concerned with the addressing of the RS's. Might you have any info regarding that or know how to get it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can get you the part number for the security "kit" i ordered from unitec.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Programming is too complicated to explain here, if you go ahead and sell the customer on it, i can try to help you over the phone. You obv need the tool.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Philly. Much appreciated. I will take you up on it.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top