Notifications
Clear all
23/06/2017 11:29 am
Indirtwetrust, I am almost positive you are right. I remember asking the difference between the boards because I ran into some issues upgrading a 2 to a 6.
Getemup - Like Indirtwetrust said, these boards are for both AC and DC. When going through smartfast there is an option in parameters to set the board to work for either. I am really curious now, keep us informed on what you find, usually these upgrades are pretty straightforward.
Topic starter
24/06/2017 4:52 am
Will do just waiting for bldg entry
24/06/2017 7:17 am
I really is easier to load software and profiles through Hyperterminal. Probably worth while to get setup to do it. Just need to order the 25 pin to 4 pin MTA adapter from TK part #9850229.
27/10/2022 6:30 am
I know this thread is 7 years old, but information is never old.
Is there anywhere I can learn in small details how to use hyperterminal or other serial PC software to communicate with 6300PX* boards via CON4/5, oops, now I realize is CON6 (white 4 pins) since there is a RS232 chip to it.
Is there any specific protocol to talk with the board?
I will really appreciate any help.
Thanks
Is there anywhere I can learn in small details how to use hyperterminal or other serial PC software to communicate with 6300PX* boards via CON4/5, oops, now I realize is CON6 (white 4 pins) since there is a RS232 chip to it.
Is there any specific protocol to talk with the board?
I will really appreciate any help.
Thanks
27/10/2022 11:44 pm
Okay, I found the info on the door board manual, how to setup hyperterminal witn 38kbps, jumper 3, power on board, receive "ZMODEM READY" and after a while "ZMODEM FAILED NO FILES RCVD". I think I am in the path. Now, what files should I transmit? they are the parameters, right? how can I prepare such files? where can I find info about those files?
Thanks.
Thanks.
29/10/2022 5:21 am
Coincidentally I'm in the same boat. bought a replacement 6300PA6 board from VE but no generic software is on it. Using HT and the thumb drive on the job I can't find which specific file we need to upload to the board. I'm sure it's a config file but I don't see one for the door board. Can anyone help identify the correct file?
29/10/2022 6:05 am
Can anyone share the generic software?
29/10/2022 7:17 am
It won’t be on the job stick. I’ve never seen a door board come out without any generic software in it. What has to be loaded is a profile. The easiest way to do it, if the board is brand new from Vertical Express, is with UIT (6300HL1) there’s a menu in the board called Config with all the preset profiles in it. They do have a profile in them from the factory too, not sure but I think it’s a harmonic DC. You can also load a profile through IMS, I think that’s the way it shows in the door manuals. Just if you have newer IMS they put them in the wrong place. They’re in the Drawings folder inside your IMS folder.
29/10/2022 8:00 am
Thanks Indirtwetrust. This operator is an LD03 w/IMS not a UIT so I'll have to use IMS. The original issue I had was when I went to door fast I got an error message saying "failed to open the data base table" and IMS would close once that error was closed. I was told that was probably because the generic base software was not loaded onto the board but now I'm wondering if I don't have an issue with IMS and the Fast features. Getting another laptop w/IMS to try. We also have an issue with the UDC interface, error there too!
29/10/2022 8:07 am
That’s a problem with your install of IMS, I’ve seen it before. You can plug a UIT into any PA board and adjust it. I really suggest you order one 6300HL1. You can also get a 6” ribbon cable to get it out a bit to use it, especially for harmonic operators. Ribbon cable 9863295.
You could load a profile, learn the travel, and make adjustments without IMS at all.
You could load a profile, learn the travel, and make adjustments without IMS at all.
Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 10/29/22 12:08 AM.
29/10/2022 9:16 am
Thanks again Indirtwetrust! Very helpful. I will order the UIT and ribbon cable for future door board issues. I've seen in the forums and heard that the UIT is job specific? I have also heard that the first gen Tac20's needed newer software to add a UIT. Any truth to that or can you order them and add them as needed?
30/10/2022 2:05 am
Different UIT all together. The ones for the controllers are fingerprinted to the job file but the 6300HL1 used on the doors and 10K drive is just a dumb board with an LCD and 4 buttons. It just passes the signals through to the door board. I’ve even used one of these UITs with an Arduino board project for an LCD and 4 buttons. I should be clear though, you can use the UIT on any PA door board to adjust parameters and learn travel but loading the profile with it is only possible when you get a brand new board from Vertical Express. These boards never had this option until a couple years ago the new board started coming out with V2R24 generic software that has this extra menu called Config and all the preset profiles pre loaded into FLASH memory. The newest generic we can load in the field is still V2R23 and any used or repaired board you find will almost certainly not have V2R24. For these you’re options are loading a profile through IMS or Hyperterminal, or manually changing all the parameters with IMS or a UIT.
30/10/2022 2:17 am
I agree with dirt, hes right. I have done it too. It's a nice item to add in case you need it, its a must.
27/01/2023 5:10 am
Now I got confused. What you transfer via ZMODEM and Hyperterminal is not a profile? So, there are two kinds of files, the "generic software" and "the profile". If for some reason the board software gets corrupted and need to be reloaded using hyperterminal, what file is it? Then after that, the profile needs to be transferred? I already saved the profile and copied to the laptop with Win10, using TERATERM to communicate with board via Con6 (jumper3 on), since there is no more hyperterminal (windows XP). I am able to receive the "ZMODEM READY" from the board on the Teraterm, then when selecting the "profile file" to transfer via zmodem, few seconds later the board answers with "ZMODEM FAILED, No files recvd.". What is the UIT for 6300PA6 ?
27/01/2023 7:19 am
... complementing... when you say "generic software", aren't you mean "generic profile - not yet customized", right?
Page 2 / 2
Prev