Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/06/2017 10:53 am
Having issues with getting the new board programmed. Replaced the old 6300 2 with the new 6300 7 . Using the Ims tool and door fast but can't seem to get it to communicate. Thanks for any help with this one
18/06/2017 7:46 pm
UDC door operator requires the UDC Fast Tool not door fast or IMS.
18/06/2017 11:29 pm
So you had a PA2 and put in a PA7 right? If you have a 1/6 HP motor it should bea PA6, PA7 is for the 1/2 HP motors but I think it should work anyway.
1st thing, make sure the communication plug is plugged in to CON7 not CON3. I think the labels sometimes said CON3. You will have to be plugged into the controller, open IMS and door smart fast. There is a setting in the door for discrete operation, don't recall if that will not allow comm. is the PA7 brand new?
1st thing, make sure the communication plug is plugged in to CON7 not CON3. I think the labels sometimes said CON3. You will have to be plugged into the controller, open IMS and door smart fast. There is a setting in the door for discrete operation, don't recall if that will not allow comm. is the PA7 brand new?
Topic starter
19/06/2017 4:36 am
I'll have to check in the morning and let you know, but it is a new board. Thanks
Topic starter
19/06/2017 11:04 pm
Can't find horsepower but it is a thyssen motor and the part number is 590ct1 and type is gr63x55 with 3450 rpms can't locate anything as far as horsepower but the book said it was a 1/6 horsepower so not sure, and we are plugged into con 7. Finally got comm.by moving jumper jp5 as this was off on old board but still not taking a learn run, door just shakes and the mdo and mdc makes it shake harder when pushed
20/06/2017 5:22 am
That's a 1/6th hp D.C. Motor for a linear operator. Set DCM to 1, LDO to 1, LHO to 1 for a left hand door and 0 for right hand, set RPM correctly. This should get you normal operation from the manual buttons, then do a scan.
Topic starter
20/06/2017 7:05 am
Thanks I will give that a try in the morning and let you know
20/06/2017 9:57 am
If you have Issues with IMS you can get a cable to plug into CON6 with your laptop and use Hyper Terminal to load the profile. Thyssen can provide you with the profile via email and you just choose the proper hand. This will enable your limits and set everything up instead of going through parameters. You should now be able to run smartfast to learn the doors. Thyssen has step by step instructions on this process in the LDO3 linear door operator manual with the UIT tool. Good luck and work safe.
Topic starter
20/06/2017 9:59 pm
So tried that and it won't let me change the rpm to 3450 , said Max is 1800, but now also doors won't do anything from the mdo and mdc. Thanks
20/06/2017 11:23 pm
Ya I wish I knew what the RPM was supposed to be set to. I usually just upload a profile with Hyperterminal. You will lose operation from the manual buttons with an IGBT fault. Do you have the old board you could plug in and check the parameters? You could also do s transfer download of the profile in IMS, then upload it to the new board.
Topic starter
21/06/2017 1:50 am
Thanks will give that a try
22/06/2017 4:45 am
I think you may have another paramater off. I had some that I couldn't change to the correct value because it was basing it's range off of an incorrect parameter that I didn't know about.
Topic starter
22/06/2017 7:19 pm
Thanks for all the help but the board wasn't compatible.
Topic starter
23/06/2017 5:37 am
Just wondering has anyone ever run into a problem that there's a ac or dc board difference with the new pa7?
23/06/2017 7:29 am
Like I said the PA6 is for 1/6 HP motors, AC or DC. A Linear operator should have a PA6. PA7 is for larger 1/2 HP motors, AC or DC. PA6 replaced the PA3 and PA7 replaced the PA4. Never tried to use a 4 or 7 in place of a 3 or 6 but always thought it just had higher rated components.
Page 1 / 2
Next