Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
20/08/2016 10:31 am
have mechanic indicating 311 car faulting out on drive fault f1 overcorrect fault
runs fine in the up direction, but will only move about a foot or so in the down direction before declaring the fault. brake is picking dc bus link is 670
I'm thinking drive needs repair, I'm heading out next week, any thoughts
runs fine in the up direction, but will only move about a foot or so in the down direction before declaring the fault. brake is picking dc bus link is 670
I'm thinking drive needs repair, I'm heading out next week, any thoughts
20/09/2016 6:05 am
Check your encoder on the motor just to be safe. I had one recently that the bearing had disintegrated. I guess it was able to turn empty car up for awhile.
Last edited by Smitty; 09/19/16 10:06 PM.
20/09/2016 6:56 am
I would definitely rule out any mechanical binds first on that one. Bearings, safeties hung up, etc.
Topic starter
20/09/2016 10:08 am
very strange, inverter overcorrect, car would run fine on inspect up and down, pulling about 26 amps on the motor side down direction, car would run up on normal fine, however on a down normal run, the motor amps would peak around 47 amps, run a few feet or so and fault on f1. it did it every time. without fail. sent the drive in for repair, install drive, and it runs flawlessly for 2 hours. pack up and head to next job. an hour later get the call, car down, mechanic indicates same fault. had him shut it off, i came back next day, ran in all day with no failures. ran it another day with no failures, and it is still running . btw the 47 amps in down direction is same as other car, that runs fine, max overcorrect for the drive is 170 amps. just waiting ha ha
27/09/2016 8:56 am
I would change your motor encoder.
Topic starter
27/09/2016 11:05 am
strange thing, the car is still running. if it happens again i will take your advice magic, i was doing some research and saw a note that someone wrote next to this fault in a manual that said motor encoder will also cause this thanks magic ill let u know if it comes back
28/09/2016 10:54 am
this is a dead give away one of the two channels of the encoder are going bad..seen this many times..
Topic starter
28/09/2016 11:43 am
thanks len i will definitely take your guys advice. strange thing is it did it every time before we sent drive in. they mad 4600 dollars in repairs. and 1500 dollars in overnight shipping. ouch. since it ran so good right away thought we had it. live and learn. the car is still running, I'm sure its just a matter of time before it comes back.