Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/02/2017 2:41 am
I have an Otis Elevonic-R controller that is giving me fits trying to figure out what it is doing. Only in the down direction this car will come into slowdown at the landing, stop about an inch above, open the door and level into the landing. While watching the OCSS on the handheld it show NAV when this takes place. It would appear that I am losing my MCSS but I am not sure where or how. I have watched the MCSS status and one thing I notice is that I never get the FIN input. This also only seems to occur on a multi floor run. It doesn't seem to do this on a one floor run. Thanks for all your help.
18/02/2017 3:02 am
Did you try a new learn run? Door zone sensors OK?
Topic starter
18/02/2017 5:45 am
I didn't try a new learn. Have never done one with Otis handheld before. Was afraid to lose my floor table and be completely screwed. At least right now I have a "running" car. Is it like a Dover where you just run terminal to terminal on inspect. I discounted the DZ and the LU and LD sensors because it is directional and it only happens on a multi floor run. If I run up to a 7 floor run it's fine, as soon as I do an 8 floor run it does this. This thing comes to an abrupt halt like I dropped the safety string but I never lose my GDS, Safe, safe 1 or safe 2. The handheld displays NAV (car not avail), INI (initialize), and then IDL (idle) once it levels into floor.
18/02/2017 7:38 am
Did u check your Tach coupling? It may b loose.
18/02/2017 8:21 am
Are you getting MCSS faults?
20/02/2017 9:08 am
Tach maybe be a good start to0.
20/02/2017 1:36 pm
NAV is an opmode and if you go NAV you will log either an OCSS or MCSS fault. Check for motion faults as mentioned above. Elevonic-R, this is a mod job? What type of machine? What type of load weighing? Has anybody been playing with any parameters? What makes you think that you are losing MCSS?
21/02/2017 5:47 am
Stay clear of the hoistway learn run, they don't just dump the floor table. If you attempt a learn run, you will wipe your table, then you will have to start all over again.
Topic starter
23/02/2017 6:37 am
This is a mod job. It has a TK machine and governor. Otis replaced the motor. I believe I am losing MCSS because I have watched it drop in the handheld. I had a theory that my load weigher might be causing me issues due to "streeeettch in the ropes causing it to intermittently shut car down when coming into landing as it only does this in the down direction which could be caused by the inertia alone.
24/02/2017 2:17 am
first check the ocss log M-1-2-2-1 you will have some 1700 faults if its going NAV look what other faults you are getting around the same time , to check the date and time of a fault hit blue and up . Check the mcss log m-2-2-1 for shutdowns , or if it is happening all the time observe mcss status while running in M-2-1-1 . I don't think its load weighing as such but if its been like this from handover it could be a bad set up . If it happens all the time stick a 50 % load in there , go to m-2-1-2 on the tool and look at bottom right of screen which is the load percentage . Check that's right ( or close enough ) and do top to bottom runs using the buttons on the MRO panel so you can watch the read back from the load weighers.
24/02/2017 2:23 am
Forgot to say if in M-2-1-2 it says D in bottom right then load weighing is disabled .
24/02/2017 7:15 pm
Take a look at the inertia setting in the drive parameters , if set too low it will cause undershoot and it will crawl into the floor . Too high and it will overshoot the floors . It has a factory setting of 2 .
Topic starter
05/04/2017 10:12 am
Pieman, you were right on the money. I was able to go adjust the inertia setting on the drive and issue went away. I was able to prove it out by decreasing value and it came back. I did a FLST just to make sure nothing else changed. Thank you guys for the help. Thought I would update as I was just allowed to go back to attempt a fix on this unit today.
05/04/2017 7:41 pm
Glad it worked , thanks for the update
18/04/2017 4:17 am
I am having difficulties completing learn run , it learn up to 3rd floor and bombs out sometimes goes back again to ground floor on its on to restart learn .
It's a mod with a new ovf416 drive
What could be fault
It's a mod with a new ovf416 drive
What could be fault
Page 1 / 2
Next