Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

otis 211 DCP error

34 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
80.7 K Views
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: aquadag
Oh and as far as the big guys watching. Otis's intranet is the place that I was told about this site. They directed me here years ago. So yes they probably watch. But more for people selling their service tools and manuals. Give them away and what can they do? lol 🙂 Just don't sign anything ever. Yes Otis directs some of their guys to this place so I guess they aren't really against it.

I can assure you that Big O did and does not point anyone here for help, advice, comradere, or anything. On the site you mentioned, a poster pointed out this site as well as the old "Elevator Discussion Forum" link powered by a MIT server, administered by David Greenspun at least 10 years previous to this site.

http://reocities.com/wallstreet/1484/floor6.htm

That site was shut down as well.

As you know the Big O page you refer to is no longer available, with ANY kind of discussion forum. (Don't know why but I suspect links to external sites.) Internal is Internal. And ANYONE posting on this site should be very CAREFUL. It's very easy to sit back and say F'Em. And it's another thing entirely to be sitting in a room full of lawyers, and F'Em is usually not one of the answers they like to hear. 😁

IP law if very complex and beyond the understanding of, I would guess, everyone on this forum. In this world of yearly advances in technology IP is taken very seriously, with the possible exception of the Chinese. :grin

And that goes for all the majors. They have all spent millions on software and hardware development which is the reason IP law has become so prevelant.

Even the Non-Proprieatary companies aint as transparent as would seem. Call MCE and ask for the source code for their I Box or the hardware schematics for their boards and check on the response.

Last edited by Broke_Sheave; 07/05/13 03:28 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yup that's what I said...Just put a bit more eloquently than me. i KNOW from a previous encounter that they DO watch these sites and DO act if they think there is a breach!!!. Its called Ethics and you might sit back and say thats B/S but we all hide behind usernames etc.. go ahead and put your real name and location and see how long it is before you get the knock at the door!!!.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@ Brooke It's nice of you to tell me that I did not learn about this site through Otis. It's good to know that you know my life better than I do. Next time you call some one a liar you might want to do it more tactfully and with some sort of class other than telling some one that you know what they do better than them. You are not the end of the line when it comes to this stuff and as always none of us know it all. You assuming that you do is just classless. If you haven't been on their intra net than please keep your comments on it to a minimum. I guess they never bought an IMS laptop either. Oh that's right I imagined that also. Wow what a dreamer I must be.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/07/13 01:28 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ps the kool aid on the right is the good one. Don't drink the one on the left.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
....Wow must be hard trying to peddle those Thysson sofware pirated laptops ...yea the major players have refused to deal with them and collected them and disposed of them already...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
But there are thousands of small companies that use those laptops Len. All the major players have their own version of proprietary tools to stay out of the copyright laws violations. I was personally issued them from three different internationals in the last decade, along with the "pirate" versions I still have that were bought by those same companies with the old wink-wink. Just don't ask where you found this speech. Let's not pretend that the majority of truly knowledgeable and well rounded elevator mechanics will at some point be using these pirated computers. I'm amazed that anyone here thumbs there nose at that fact they exist and always will. Wake the hell up people. Lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
watch out for the one in the middle it makes you bitter.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/07/13 10:12 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you look hard enough you can find pirated versions of every service tool. It's called leveling the playing field. I, as a business owner will use every way I can to get ahead and to be able to service these units. Customers should have a choice and not be held hostage by the proprietary companies. There are laptops that can do almost every unit on one laptop. From Fuji to schindler and so on. Don't be so nieve as to think that it is all black and white.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/07/13 10:27 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not a liar. Just misinformed. You should actually READ posts more carefully before flying out of left field with your response A.D.

If you see the link to this site on any major's site, Please post so that we may all enjoy it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't think posting something from a company's private intranet would be the smartest thing to do. I am going with the fact that you know what an intranet is. For those of you who are wondering, Intranet not internet is a private company VPN type network that can only be accessed by company employees with passwords that change regularly. It can be nationwide or global and can be so full of great info to help with our daily jobs that it is a shame that so few have the ability to access it. Not mis-informed just taught differently. I spent time as a super and general manager in my career so unless you have been down this road cut us all some slack. And no offense, I mean this in the nicest way, but I have nothing to prove to you. please understand that this business is a very intricate beast. That none of us can totally know what is going on across the country and globe. It would be very pretentious for us to think that we do.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/08/13 01:06 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got canned for posting on the greenspun site.From Otis.6 more years,man 6 more years till I can put all this behind me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Come on, I'm pretty sure that there had to be other issues being otis letting you go, other than posting on a website. I don't anybody is going to believe that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Seein' how this thread has jumped the tracks, what I want to know is why "Ol Portugal" has "TKrapp" for his/her screen name. Tell us Port...are ya a bit uptight about career experiences?



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Philly
Come on, I'm pretty sure that there had to be other issues being Otis letting you go, other than posting on a website. I don't anybody is going to believe that.

Better believe it!!!!...its ALL about "ETHICS" at the big O they DO protect their information (yeah yeah I KNOW some of you on here think they don't and have no right to do it but let me assure you they DO and it IS THE LAW) and DO act!!!! and yes from previous horrible experience (and it wasn't really anything everyone knows anyway that I posted) they do act on info posted if they can find out who did it and DO have people watching these sites to check them...and if you think they dont then you are really deluded!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ThyssenKrapp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ha it was just the easiest name to parody! i assumed that "swindler" was already taken

And yes i have worked for them in the past as i have for 3 out of the 4 majors

TK were not that bad to work for probably the "best of a bad bunch"

Anyway what was the cause of the DCP error??



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top