Car was running great after figuring out to get FE to pull in for full speed.
After two weeks of fault free running, suddenly the car stops on every floor, in both directions.
Each stop is like a normal stop, slows down, comes into leveling and doors open. Then doors close and car stops on next floor, even without calls being in.
the car is not wildcatting on its own. It will only run when a call is put in, but stop at every floor on way to the call.
When setting up to start travel, the pawl magnet will set, pulling out the dog teeth, the electric motor will rotate the cams to engage the SLS contacts, and move the advancer panel up or down, but the pawl magnet will reset right away, letting the dog teeth make the advancer panel stop for the next floor.
This is how it will set up floor to floor until it reaches its called stop.
I checked the alignment of the SRB to SRC on the advancer panel and floor bars. It appears to be right and it has not been readjusted.
What could be causing the pawl magnet to set, but then reset prematurely?
thanks
As far I recall, hallstop (hst) and carstop (cst) initiate a stop for this type. I would be checking this function first. It could be the relays or the contacts are shorted.
This fault seems very familiar and im racking my brain to remember what it was. Let me know how you go.
I'm not at the machine but I'm looking at the prints and both hst and cst are on the right side of the (reset)PM.
Between them and the PM is a PM resistor, and PM1.
On the left side of (reset)PM is SRC, SRB which gets voltage from 11 and 12 on EX, when EX pulls in.
I will check HST and CST tomorrow and report back.
thank you again.
I took the it apart, cleaned the fingers, stretched the spring a little, smacked the core on the floor a few times, put it back together and the machine ran perfectly.
Thanks again.
I took the it apart, cleaned the fingers, stretched the spring a little, smacked the core on the floor a few times, put it back together and the machine ran perfectly.
Thanks again.
No probs mate happy to help. I think you will find that the anti poleing part on the relay will be worn a bit and I would see if you can replace it in the future. Also a night call trick is to place a piece of paper on the armature piece to stop this poleing from happening.