Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

otis 211 DCP error

34 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
80.7 K Views
 mbke
(@mbke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7554]
having a issue with a Otis 211. doors stay open then buzz and goes into DCP. Need help please.



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
dirty/misaligned detector? bad detector/fuse? does it happen all the time? certain floor? dcp/door close protection is just telling you it went into nudging.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Uh...bad door contact? And not necessarily at the floor it's faulting on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you say you are an escalator junkie.....I know im gonna get panned for this but that is a VERY basic door fault!!!!...If I didnt know better I think this might be a "planted" question from one of those a**hole ethics people trying to catch out mechanics who post so called "secret" info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ThyssenKrapp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can someone get Kiwi a tin foil hat please



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hahaha. Agreed, chill out kiwi. No info is secret, it's our career to know how to fix problems. I've never signed any of those piece of Crap confidentiality contracts the big guys shove at you.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not to detract from the conversation...I unfortunately have signed that document......it kills me when I see this question 😲



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
told ya I would get panned!!!!...come on guys you gotta see where I am coming from!!!..take a chill pill I KNOW from experience about the brown nosers in the big companies so when a "simple" question like that comes up my suspicions are aroused!!! and if you dont think they are watching EVERY post here you are completely mistaken they have entire departments looking into this type of thing!!!.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ThyssenKrapp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yes i know your right Kiwi but you cant let it get you paranoid

That's what the Cartels want!

if i want to share some info or experience with fellow brothers of the industry that's up to me and i suppose i am taking all the risk

As long as it is done by private email and not posted on the site i don't see a problem

OEM's depriving other companies info about their systems can only effect safety in a negative way they simply cannot expect to retain the contract on every lift they install worldwide



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Agreed. Kiwi, it's a job. Your employer is not your slave master. I was always constantly stressed when working for the internationals. Always being rushed to do more units in service, less time to do it (we actually had a 5 minute "basic" service at KONE, LOL), cover calls faster which meant speeding in the fraud and taking unsafe shortcuts. THEN I WOKE UP. Sounds like you're in the same boat. Take a step backwards and climb out from under their thumb buddy. I seriously doubt that there is someone combing elevator blog sites trying to track down rogue employees sharing secret info. Lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And if they are, who fucking cares? They don't own you, your mind, or your voice. And most certainly can't legally do jack Crap about what you do after hours. They are a business, not the nazis



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
wow kiwi ease up bud. this guy could be a temp mechanic on a route for the first time. You don't know till you ask.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh and as far as the big guys watching. Otis's intranet is the place that I was told about this site. They directed me here years ago. So yes they probably watch. But more for people selling their service tools and manuals. Give them away and what can they do? lol 🙂 Just don't sign anything ever. Yes Otis directs some of their guys to this place so I guess they aren't really against it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Screw O!

What kind of door operator do you have?

Is it seeing the doors fully open?

Is nudging disabled?

In the parameters,there is a setting for how long the doors stay open before it times out,and also,if this situation happens,it is usually after 3 tries before it times out.

I will pm you the I/O's for those settings.

Yes,they have guys who skim the internet for leakage,but they don't look at what is going on in there on house.
How would a customer feel if there yearly tests are overdue by two years?
I am so glad I am back in construction.



   
ReplyQuote
 mbke
(@mbke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Wow!!! I never would of seen all that coming from a simple question. Well thanks for the politics. Took care of the problem.

Thanks... I think ?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top