Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
28/08/2012 8:09 am
Hey Guys, this is my first post here, seems like there's a lot of knowledge on this forum I hope to tap (and contribute as much as I can).
I have a DMC that lost it's parameters because of a dead battery. I now have in hand a new battery and the world laptop tool so I'm going to take a stab at returning the car to service. It's a simplex 2 stop so it should be easy right? Any tips? Because I've never done this before...
Last edited by UPandDOWN; 08/28/12 12:10 AM.
28/08/2012 9:15 am
It should not be a problem, just connect to the laptop, enter the job specific parameters (# of stop, openings, F/S ect.); learn the hoistway if you have a DMC selector and then learn the door. World explains it very well in the manual.
28/08/2012 9:58 am
That is if you have those parameters saved somewhere.
If not,not to bad .
Got to do a learn on the hoistway,door operator.
And adjust as necessary.
If not,not to bad .
Got to do a learn on the hoistway,door operator.
And adjust as necessary.
The world tool book pretty much spells it out.
Good Luck and Safe Elevating!
28/08/2012 12:02 pm
Gavin and Andy at World Electronics are a great resource, too. You'll do fine.
Where you located?
Where you located?
28/08/2012 7:01 pm
If you have an older version of World and your elevator has security keyswitched , card reader or keypad you may have a problem as the older World would not let you do security changes. Also sometimes we have found on DMC equipment that you may not be able to communicate at the controller and If that happens try at the car station or cartop. I have seen where you could not do a hoistway set up at the controller but if you move to the selector you are fine. And then load your parameters to a disk one copy for the job one copy for the file in the office then next time its a snap to reload.
Last edited by danzeitz; 08/28/12 11:03 AM.
29/08/2012 12:43 am
Be aware that the older backup battery may be thicker than the new ones, although the battery part # is the same. I had to put a little ferrule on the retaining arm/contact thingy, to get it to make contact with the battery. (Because the new battery was thinner than the old one, and it didn't make contact!)
I'm not saying you'll have the same problem, but I did, at least with that one battery manufacturer.
30/08/2012 7:15 am
if this is your first time make your self comfortable on the car top plug in to door opp port do hoistway setup save parameters dmc comunicates slow wait for it when you change parameters you can do door set up from car top too!
30/08/2012 12:05 pm
regarding danzeitz comment of not being able to communicate from controller port> I have been on more than a few jobs where it is impossible to communicate from the controller port. the problem is usually a wiring mistake, or a dirty port. if the wiring is correct at all ports, then you will be able to communicate from all port locations, mr, cop, door, selector. the wiring is fairly simple, a few minutes of investigating, and you will be able to communicate. I have heard mechanics indicate that you should only do a selector learn from selector port, this is just not true, if every port is functioning properly, you can do any function in the system from any port. If the car is a running car, then all communications from door, to selector, to clc are operating properly, if there is a problem communicating from your tool, the only place to look is at the tool port and associated wiring. correct me if i am wrong.
30/08/2012 7:43 pm
Scott is right you can find out why and repair the problem to get each port working. I have seen where people think they have a problem with their world tool when it was just a bad com port.
31/08/2012 5:23 am
So true...
31/08/2012 5:59 am
IT is always nice to have more than one car in a group.easier and faster using the Fast Tool..upload parameters from another car same stops..to your tool..and just download from fast tool to car being programmed and your back in operation,just have to adjust your door operator and hope you got the master/slave car right..But that is cheating...