Elevator Forum

Adding Battery Lowe...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Adding Battery Lowering to old DMC

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18.2 K Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4487]
I'm adding a R&R battery lowering unit to an old DMC that doesn't have a low oil switch input. (It just times the motor running to activate low oil.)
Is there any other input signals that will bring the car down to the bottom floor or do I just have to wait for the timer to expire?



   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wonder if it performs a rescue routine, when it loses communication between the selector and CLC? If so, you might interrupt the serial link to force it into rescue mode.

A lot of Dovers had both high and low thermostats. Low temp was to initiate the oil warming routine. I'm wondering about the high temp one- Will it initiate a rescue? You could synthesize this signal with the R+R?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
low temp triggered viscosity operation, the high temp shut it off until a MLR or inspection so as not to overheat the oil. Is there an input for viscosity on this unit? You can set the viscosity floor in the parameters. When normal power fails, does the R&R repower the transformer? I dont understand why you would have to wait for the Low oil timer to time out---since you would not be able to run UP without the normal power input. Also, after a power reset, the car should run down to the nearest floor. If you interrupt the comm link, you may cause a selector fault and freeze the car where-ever it is.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If i'm not mistaken there should be an input on the clc board and a parameter setting for battery lowering. Maybe your vintage software doesn't have this option. You could always upgrade the software if this option is not available to you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is an old group 2 DMC that does not have the low oil switch input. I will experiment today with the low/high temp signals and some of the other suggestions to see what will work. I'm thinking, by preventing the elevator to run up it will eventually force an MLT and cause the elevator to return to lowest landing. I'm just not sure if this will be code compliant. I'll report back after further experimenting. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by Administrator; 08/31/12 03:23 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Johnny
I dont understand why you would have to wait for the Low oil timer to time out---since you would not be able to run UP without the normal power input. Also, after a power reset, the car should run down to the nearest floor.

The R&R unit powers the main controller transformer when on Battery Lowering operation. There is no E- power or Normal power inputs so as far as the controller is concerned it doesn't know if it's on E-power or normal power.

Johnny, you are correct the elevator will run down to the nearest floor after a power loss. It will continue to run down until it gets to the bottom. If it tries to run back up from the bottom on battery activation it will MLT and go out of service. This operation complies with the requirements for Title 8 battery lowering operation. There is no time interval specified to indicate how long the elevator can remain on battery operation as long as all the safety and control devices are operational.

Battery Lowering Title 8

Last edited by Administrator; 09/01/12 12:59 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Admin, Adj 14 sets the floor you want to return to on Em Power. Adj 15 sets type of Em Pwr, should be 001 for you Variable 9 position 2 is the NP signal. LCC3 pin 13 is the input point. 24vdc is normal 0vdc is em power. If it wasn't planned for, this pin is probably jumped high. you could break this input after selecting a return floor and test it that way. I had to find my old DMC manual to get this info. If you need anything else, let me know.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I show EM power available on all software after and including 675AX3



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Johnny for the info. My print did not show any connections for NP or EP. I will check out the LCC3 Pin 13 and try an EP return.

Last edited by Administrator; 09/01/12 12:58 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Johnny, you seem to have a lot of knowledge with the Dover equipment. Do you know how to make a Dover T4 car park with the doors open? You would think this would be a simple parameter adjustment but I've been all through the book with no luck. Nothing in adjustment parameters or CSW. What do you think? Do I need a software change to keep the doors open when at idle or parked?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I saw that post and looked in my TIV book and could not find that csw or para. However, I did not SCOUR all the adjs. I will try to find my BIG book and see if it is possible. Can I assume this is a group? It may be in the group para or csws



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Down and dirty would be to open the DCL and reclose with a fire service relay contact. I think the DCL is bypassed with a run command. But I will have to look at a TIV print to qualify.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you know if you have UDL and DDL outputs (arrows in PI) If so, you could jump the DCL back in with a relay on each of these.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is a simplex elevator with a swing style door for the hall door. The customer said the car door used to remain open when at idle or park and now it remains closed. They want the car door to stay open so they can see when it's at the floor. I can't remember if it has a car riding lantern or not. I'll have to look into the UDL and DDL Outputs. The controller currently has a relay that activates the door open input when the hall door lock is opened (this opens the car door when someone opens the swing door) Then as soon as the swing door closes the car door closes weather the car has a demand or not.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Interesting, I've never seen a TIV with swing doors!! SAPB or Selective Collective?? What operator? Is retiring cam operated from a relay or mechanically off of the operator? Is the door lock circuit standard or does it have a separate door locked contact circuit. Does the RC pick before the gate lock, or after? I still think the way to go would be to disconnect the DCL wire and reconnect it through a directional relay and also a Fire Service relay to keep that circuit intact.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top