Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

T III

25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
56.3 K Views
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4494]
So,I have this Dover T3 and it goes down every once in awhile,usually a 87 and 12 fault.
That would be 87-brakeswitch and 12 something going wrong in the cartop selector.

My question is when I measure the voltage coming from the selector power supply,what should I measure?
I am measuring 15 volts,that is if I am measuring the place from the power supply.



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
12 is a parity error. Check placement of your BP magnets. you may want to swap PMI modules with another car and see if problem follows. Also look at your guides. They are critical. Rule of thumb--when front to back play exceeds 1 thickness of the selector tape, you should order and replace at next service visit. In a pinch, you can flip all left sides with the right sides and use the unused guides. The power supply is a 15vdc. 15.2 or 15.5 would be good. There is also 24V supplied to the selector for the outputs. You may have a line drop in voltage. I usually run my 24 volt supplies up as high as 26vdc, at the power supply, if possible. But this is your call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks,man.
You are funny,service visit!
A call back is when I go to a unit.
All humor aside,wow,1 millimeter will cause problems.
The guides were flipped a few months ago,and they still look good,but a little wear.
Will replace on next callback.

Now,anyone got an answer to a Armour dynaglide problem?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a life span on the PMI modules, and YES they do go intermittant...(Life Span was around 10 years)..

Change out all PMI's in the Reader box, and any others associated with it in the PMI boards upstairs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I replaced the selector board and pmi modules also.
Just wait and see.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Still having shutdowns,almost daily now.
Main fault,Brake fault.

Replaced every pmi module,relay,brake switch, and what not.

I was running it on inspection from the MR today and about every 5 or 6 starts( I was running it a couple of feet at a time),the brake would pick,the motor would turn maybe slightly,the stop,then the brake would drop.When I press the down,or up button again,it would run.
No faults would show.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have a monitor in the machine room?

IF SO....

You can take a video camera, film the I/O's, and then walk off and leave it recording the I/O screen. You can then wade through all the video footage to the approximate time of the call back, and then slow the footage down to a few seconds before the fault occured. You can then see I/O responsible for fault.

Just a suggestion.



   
ReplyQuote
(@charlie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Bls module. Change it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you done a brake job? When I've had 87s, it was either the BLS module, brake contact or the brake was sluggish and/or not adjusted correctly. I would also check all connections, contacts and voltages in the brake pick/hold circuit.

Last edited by E-man; 10/03/12 10:08 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Broke sheave,very good ideal.
I will bring it up with the super.

Charlie,I need to check into that as we have had several mechs working on this problem for at least 6 months or more,then it was dumped on me.

E-man,doing a brake job is my next step if I or someone else goes.
A little short handed ,so getting to it is an issue.
That part is out of my hands,I'm just a tech following orders.

It's an old geared montgomery machine with a brake virtually the same as what is used for dover composites.
It's a mod with a dc motor and generator.

BTW,thanks guys! Some info posted here has helped me with other issues on other units.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If its a MECO geared machine check your brake pick and hold voltages. Most of these were 230vdc and a BUNCH of mod jobs that I have adjusted have had the brake supply topped out at 200vdc because the wrong power supply was ordered. These brakes can be very touchy if not properly adjusted and maintained.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had this very problem a few years ago. I ran the car a while before it occured. Only faulted when door preopened while stopping at a landing. It turned out to be a contact on the DZ relay. Replaced DZ1 & DZ2 relays. Good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tear it out throw some swift in and fix all those problems.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
Tear it out throw some swift in and fix all those problems.

T3 is basically a Swift 5000. True not a Futura or Meridia, but definitely it's predecessor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Futura just like a tac 50.....Best controller on the market



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top