Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Armour Dynoglide

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,704 Views
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4503]
Oh,what a wonderful piece of $#!?.

So,here goes.
The customer,or a bored security guy,says the car stops when not called on floors.
I found that the car parks at the 5th floor.
The security guy goes to the 4th floor and then wants to go back to the bottom floor.
But the elevator has a demand to go to the 5th floor to park.
It goes up there,parks for about 30 secs without opening the doors and then continues one to answer his call.

I told them it was a design flaw.

Really hate bored security guards.



   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I presume this is the Dynaglide 1, (Relay control with the 2 big boards for the drive) and not the TMS 900 with the Dynaglide 2 drive. (Processor control.......The term Dynaglide refers to the drive)...

If the security guard is going to 4 and doing his rounds, the car may be indeed be parking on 5 and the 30 seconds may not be all that bad, if it is indeed 30 seconds..(Which I kind of doubt).. Considering the unit may have gone to sleep and add the time it takes to travel brake to brake + the time to wake up.

If it's really bugging him, see if the building wants to pay the overtime for you to come in at night and look at it. I'm pretty sure that will end the matter.

Armor was a pretty decent company back in the day. Most of the guys that really knew the stuff are dead or retired. IMHO they got a raw deal when Kone bought them out.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is the old stuff,pre tms 500 or so.Alot of icecube relays.

Amour used my town as they're test tower,they were based here.
Even have one of those guys still working here for another company.

I just happened to be the lucky guy who just inherited that stuff a few months ago.
I'm learning as I go.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top