Swift was founded in the early 80's by a engineer, salesman extraordinaire, ex-Westinghouse/Millar engineer, by the name of Jean Pierre. The control that came out 1st was the Swift 5000. Available in either drive (GE300 or Generator) Configuration.
Dover and Otis put in several of these under a naming convention.
Otis = ModMaster
Dover = MicroModernizer 2 (MM2)
Both are identical to the Swift 5000 but with a name change.
Dover at the time was struggling to come up with a competitive Microprocessor based elevator. All they had to compete was the T2.
A deal was struck, allowing Dover to purchase copyright on all software, and hardware from Swift, and thus was born the T3, which for a few modifications is identical to the Swift 5000.
Dover which turned into Thyssen, still uses the same labeling convention for I/O's to this day on their elevators, and has purchased Swift outright for non-proprietary modernizations.
Swift was founded in the early 80's by a engineer, salesman extraordinaire, ex-Westinghouse/Millar engineer, by the name of Jean Pierre. The control that came out 1st was the Swift 5000. Available in either drive (GE300 or Generator) Configuration.
Dover and Otis put in several of these under a naming convention.
Otis = ModMaster
Dover = MicroModernizer 2 (MM2)
Both are identical to the Swift 5000 but with a name change.
Dover at the time was struggling to come up with a competitive Microprocessor based elevator. All they had to compete was the T2.
A deal was struck, allowing Dover to purchase copyright on all software, and hardware from Swift, and thus was born the T3, which for a few modifications is identical to the Swift 5000.
Dover which turned into Thyssen, still uses the same labeling convention for I/O's to this day on their elevators, and has purchased Swift outright for non-proprietary modernizations.
question broke. why would otis need to install someone else's gear? cost?
we used westinghouse running gear on agreement years ago but we also had a scanner used on landing button inputs/up and down peaks and call dispatch. is this the microscanner you talk about?
Otis put in the Swift and renamed it for jobs that required, a total Made in the USA clause..(IE government) or that specifically spelled out NON-Proprietary..
And Smitty..You got it.
I've worked on the Microscan's of that vintage. Also the 8825 SBC could be bought off the shelf from Intel, and could then be used by developers for design purposes. The Westinghouse Epoch 1 control, uses the 8825 SBC as well.
I was reading through the log (yes we kept a log of everything everyone has done),and I noticed a basic thing that hadn't been done.
Routine the controller,tightened all the connections.
This has been a simple tool I have used over the years.
I found a bunch of loose connections on all the brake resistors.
If I can get a couple of turns with my tweeker,it's loose!!!
I will see,but I do believe it is the root of my problem.