Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Miprom HS

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.1 K Views
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19574]
Does a miprom HS have an encoder? If yes, where is it located? I'm getting a 45 fault and I have been told that it is an encoder fault, but I can;t find an encoder. Job is a 2stop hydro, with magnetic slowdowns and leveling sws.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On an HS Hydro, a 45 error is, ss info lost,aux door close contacts open. So you have a problem with with the Door Board. If I remember correctly that's where the aux contacts are located. A 45 error on a Miprom 21 is usually caused by a position error.



   
ReplyQuote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not sure but they added a micro switch on the crank arm to keep from doors reversing and running with doors open. Know there was problems keeping adjusted properly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does unit still have the awful WG (Worm Gear) Door Operator? If not replaced with what?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Most HS Hydro's had the WG operator, a few had the 104 Board with a MAC operator. The micro your thinking of was added as a code requirement, it threw a 55 error on Miproms.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We battled this for months on an HS with the WG operator. That auxiliary close limit was put right on the strike and it was one of those heavy duty plunger switches that are threaded so you can flex right to them. If the car is sitting with no demand (no squeeze) and it comes off that switch dropping SS info, it shuts down throwing that fault. In our case the spring tension of that switch was just too strong and assisted too much pushing the door back open a little bit. I could adjust everything and get it to work but a couple days later it would be doing it again. Long term solution was to replace that switch with a lever type micro switch.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A 45 Error w/wg operator is an output from a relay on the wg board. New board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think California required an auxiliary door close switch external from the door board.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 02/16/17 12:31 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes, it has the WG operator. I will check on the aux door close switch. I'll let you know what I find.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top