Elevator Forum

Melting motors on M...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Melting motors on MCE HYDRO (# 5 motors)

36 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
47 K Views
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It would point to a phase loss, but does not have to be incoming power. The last situation we had was a piece of wiring insulation was not stripped all the way back on a new drive to the contactor. The resulting phase loss, opened a coil on the motor and the drive started faulting out. It took a good two days to find it. Of course it seems you would have eliminated all of this by replacing the wye delta with soft stater.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I even did one better by cutting all connections and re-stripping them and reinstalling. This was done in the main electrical room, disconnect switch and all controller connections.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is not moving when its burning out the motor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No way it could cook a motor that quick without blowing overload if its a short. Logic says phase loss. But how has nobody stuck a laptop on this thing yet? To record incoming and controller side voltages/amperage. Would've done that after motor #2. Company must be made of money to do all that work without testing. Did you replace valve? Could it be getting down section stuck open, constantly releveling? I'd pull valve apart and be sure.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Siemens ss records the incoming side and motor side voltages at time of fault. What did it say?



   
ReplyQuote
(@gutmonarch)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by KSNY
fluid is new
valve and pump were changed
Soft start is brand new as well.

Not sure what an AVR is but I am going to google it and find out

AVR - Automatic Voltage Regulator. Since 3 elevators share at the same bus, one bad(winding) motor could affect the 3 consequently. Implement an AVR on each motor to isolate one from affecting the others.

( https://youtu.be/BPPuj0mvs88 )

Have your power supply monitored with a data logger like ( http://www.gfuve.com/power-meter/di... H4tPT4AIVU7aWCh3m4wmCEAAYAyAAEgKCIvD_BwE)

Last edited by gutmonarch; 02/24/19 05:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@gutmonarch)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
001amps 000amps 000 amps

when faulted



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
valve is new. Spending all that money without testing? Have you read everything I tested and checked and added to help prevent and pin point this? It was a phase monitor I added before the soft start light is on all the time. Valve is new voltage and amperage is good I did this every time all day while running the car and its matching car 1



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I am going to look into this. I like it because I am thinking this as well. New motor is in but we left the car off for now



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think we need to be more clear, I said voltage monitor too. What I’m referring to is a 3 phase power quality analyzer that, at the very least, records exact voltage over time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's what i meant by testing KSNY. A power recorder. Id ltest it for a week. First hooked up to other running elevator on this single power source to see and give a comparison. Then i'd switch feed breakers and power the running car from MR.MELTY's breaker and see if anything changes.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Bad blocking inverter or something like that from the solar panels on the roof Problem is now fixed



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
KSNY, Do you have any information on how a bad blocking inverter caused this problem on one car and not the other? Any info on what a blocking inverter is?? Did the building just accidentally find this bad device?



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I dont have a clue as to how it was casuing the porblem on one car and not the other. They are on diffent power feeds and when I went and swapped the feed the problem went with it to the other car. I turned off everything relating to the solor panels on the roof and building. Appartently 1 week after that the solar panel guys came and said they replaced the inverter and restored the solar panels. Ever since that both cars have been running fine.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top