Elevator Forum

Melting motors on M...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Melting motors on MCE HYDRO (# 5 motors)

36 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
47 K Views
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by KSNY
I dont have a clue as to how it was casuing the porblem on one car and not the other. They are on diffent power feeds and when I went and swapped the feed the problem went with it to the other car. I turned off everything relating to the solor panels on the roof and building. Appartently 1 week after that the solar panel guys came and said they replaced the inverter and restored the solar panels. Ever since that both cars have been running fine.

This is what the solar panel guys told me. For all i know they swapped out something else casuing the problem. The building manager was off that day so they dont have the recipt from the techs. Again just what I am told.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. It sounds like the solar array was sending bad (dirty) power down the line. Is there equuipment in the MR from the solar array, or is the interface done in the Main Distribution Panel? Again, thanks for the info.
Johnny



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Quite the back story on this thread. So does the customer now pay the full bill? You guys lost a lot of $$$ on this one and you’ve got the evidence now to support your claim as well.
I’d be interested to know how this gets handled.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Johnny
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. It sounds like the solar array was sending bad (dirty) power down the line. Is there equuipment in the MR from the solar array, or is the interface done in the Main Distribution Panel? Again, thanks for the info.
Johnny

Next to the motor room in the main electrical room where everything power related in the bulding goes. not sure if that helps



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by elmcannic
Quite the back story on this thread. So does the customer now pay the full bill? You guys lost a lot of $$$ on this one and you’ve got the evidence now to support your claim as well.
I’d be interested to know how this gets handled.

Its a very large account with over 100+ elevators under contract. I am sure we lost money on it But thats above my pay.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Philly
The Siemens ss records the incoming side and motor side voltages at time of fault. What did it say?

This was 2 years ago. But the car was littery just sitting there not running and burnt out the motor. The voltage was 480in/out (maybe a 2 volt diffence from line to line). The soft start was added after the 2nd motor. amps was 000 000 000



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top