Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
02/07/2024 11:06 am
I have a MAC door operator running off an EECO controller giving me some fits. I got on site and found the door board faulted out with the red LED7 lit. The doors were about 5 inches from full open. When I flipped the door board switch to test then back to run the doors immediately go full open and work fine until I give them a little resistance while opening. It appears that the smallest amount of resistance while the doors are opening will stall them out. I've replaced the door board, checked the door motor brushes, the door motor commutator looks brand new and no carbon build up. Not quite sure what to look at next. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
02/07/2024 6:41 pm
When you replaced the board do you have the jumpers for I think it's "Heavy door" in the right orientation? I've had problems with that before where the paperwork said one thing but had to do another. I want to say removing the jumper completely gave me more open torq and let the door work properly
02/07/2024 7:24 pm
LED 7 is an internal timer that trips if the door does not get open or closed within a set time. I think it was 15 seconds. Once I had the same problem and it was the door binding on the sill. you may want to check the mechanical operation of the doors.
02/07/2024 9:36 pm
I had the same issue a few months back, i ended up changing the switch from high performance to standard. Make sure to check the speeds before turning it over, i thought the doors were going to fly off the track when first changing it over.
Topic starter
02/07/2024 9:41 pm
Yes, the jumper is removed for standard doors. I appreciate the feedback.
Topic starter
02/07/2024 9:42 pm
Yes, the doors have good float. Thank you JJ.
Topic starter
02/07/2024 9:44 pm
Yes, the jumper is removed for standard doors. I thought the same thing. Lol. Thank you beaupeep.
Topic starter
02/07/2024 9:45 pm
Any idea what the painted shut pot controls? I know the booklet says that it is factory set and not to adjust it.
03/07/2024 3:00 am
P8 is the overall torque limit. I’ll send you something on that. There’s also a capacitor and a bridge rectifier under the door bard.
Topic starter
03/07/2024 3:41 am
Thank you Dirt.
03/07/2024 11:11 am
I would replace the capacitor mounted under the 104 board. It is part of the 45v power supply. I’ve seen when it starts to go bad the door will stall.
Topic starter
03/07/2024 11:41 am
Thank you Hunter
05/07/2024 12:01 am
I had similar problem and my motor shaft was loose
Topic starter
05/07/2024 3:26 am
Thank you Jluff. Hope you have a Happy Independence Day!