Elevator Forum

Kone KCM831 Hydro C...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone KCM831 Hydro Car Buttons

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25.9 K Views
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24075]
Good day,

I have a KCM831 2- stop Hydro that is not registering a 2nd floor car call from the COP. I can make a call from the 2nd floor hall or from the cpu with no problem and send it down from the COP, but when you press the 1st or 2nd floor button both will light up. At the bottom floor you can press 2 and again both will light up and open the doors. Everything else works properly besides the 2nd floor car pushbutton.

I've tried LON upload, replacing the ribbon cable, and swapping the pushbuttons in the COP but nothing changes.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.



   
Quote
(@LA Tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The car buttons are programmed and the memory resides in the actual button and the MUL board. I is appernt that the 2nd floor button programmed the same as the 1st. New buttons are blank. You could try installing a new button for the 2nd floor. You then push and hold the button for the the MUL to program the button. If this does not work you will need a special key switch to reprogram the car buttons. Kone use a laptop to do this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Order programmed buttons from spares is the easiest way



   
ReplyQuote
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm with you both on just ordering a new pushbutton, but unfortunately my supervisor believes it's an addressing issue. Is there a method of programming on the cpu to "address" this button?

This unit worked fine for at least 10 years until suddenly it began doing this.

I failed to mention that initially the button would just light up momentarily when pressed without latching the call. I opened the COP and checked the cable and found if i moved the cable a little none of my buttons would work. I had to pinch the wire for it to work again when suddenly it started acting as if it were addressed as a 1st floor call. I could slightly move the cable and it wouldnt let me use any buttons again (1st flr call, 2nd flr call, door open, door close, etc..). Replaced the ribbon cable and now back to both buttons working as 1.



   
ReplyQuote
(@LA Tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It is an address issue. You can not address through the CPU.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you put in a brand new button, then pushed it for 5 seconds? That should work, but you can’t just put in another car button, they are programmed when you plug it in and press it. I didn’t know you could get them pre-programmed but it really isn’t a big deal when you just replace 1 button.



   
ReplyQuote
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I just put in a new push button, and found it was a blank. I tried the 5 second hold and didn't work. Tried 10, 15 seconds and nope. I think i just need that programming switch. One of my co- workers gave me a book on KSS and according to that, like LA said, i gotta have it programmed at factory or with that switch.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dont mess around with the keyswitch 1 wrong move will erase the whole cop and a pain in the ass,order programmed buttons from spares



   
ReplyQuote
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Will do.
Thanks again for all the help!



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you try putting it on Independent and then programming the button?



   
ReplyQuote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you plug in the configuration switch and turn it on you will wipe the carstation. If you go that route just be sure to have all keys for switches and a working door open button and the procedure handy. It is more tedious than difficult. If DOB doesnt work do not try to configure.



   
ReplyQuote
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They ended up buying the switch. Like you said upanddown, it wasn't very hard just extremely tedious. Luckily i was given paper work to follow through the steps and it worked perfectly. Thanks again everyone for the help



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator_Steve)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you unplug everything except the PI and door open button you can address an individual component without clearing everything else...done it a bunch of times. I have an extra ribbon cable and door open button that I use specifically for doing it.

Last edited by Elevator_Steve; 06/23/18 01:24 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
With or without the key switch?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator_Steve)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
With keyswitch...by not having the other devices plugged in they keep their address and aren't cleared.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top