Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

KCM831 vibrations

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14 K Views
(@ubro96)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24222]
have a 5-floor kone MRL that on Insp it vibrates bad and when you are on auto it's not to bad 'but know I'm getting brake switch faults. I adjust the switch and it's good for 5 or6 days then comes back in. I'm thinking the vibration from the machine is causing the switches to go out of adjustment. I'm thinking the tach is causing the vibration,
Anyone had a similar problem?



   
Quote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Replace brake switch they are crappy. How are the rails? Dry rails wreak havoc on them. Bad tachs or encoders will usually show as 108s



   
ReplyQuote
(@Norcan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check brake gap adjustments and set brake switches accordingly. I put a dab of glue on the set screws of the brake switches to be sure they don’t back out. Vibration sounds like you may have a brake dragging on the rotor slightly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think it’s only the V3F25 drives that monitor the main brake. All others don’t even look at it. Check that one is picking good. Make sure the shoes are straight. If it’s kicked, the shoe has separated from the core and the whole thing needs to be replaced. The switch will still pick but the pad can hang up. If they look OK, I would adjust them both with feelers, nice and square. That being said, tach/Encoder is always a good guess for vibrations/shaking.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ubro96)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the input. I've adjusted the main brake I'll try the emergency next and put a new switch on it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be sure to get the Low Movement Microswitch



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Since you’re looking around in the hoistway, be sure to check that the rubber wheel is present on the governor encoder. After a few years they can crack apart and come off.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We just took over a resolve unit that the customer said it had been vibrating for 2 years and the out of town adjuster couldn't fix it. We tightened up the coupling on the encoder and fixed the problem. Sometimes we make things harder than they are.



   
ReplyQuote
(@BillS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
if anyone needs a tool to operate the brakes from on top of the car when adjusting let me know



   
ReplyQuote
(@ubro96)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I took the tach off and made sure everything was tight, took out the brushes and blew compressed air in, put back on and it seems a little better



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What do you use, the Kone box? I have been using a Variac and a bridge rectifier.



   
ReplyQuote
(@BillS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Attachments
20141216_095054.jpg (35.37 KB, 45 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top