Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

kcm831 problem

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
16.4 K Views
(@BD Cooper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19272]
I'm looking for some help on two kcm831 elevator's I have. We have been fighting what I think is a common problem between both cars in this duplex. Has anyone had one car shut down on either a 72 or 74 fault with no other faults logged. I've looked up these faults and it leads you to the inductors on the car top but I don't feel this is where are problem is!! Ok it gets better, remember this is a duplex and one car may have this shut down once every week or every two months or two days in a row with no pattern. After causing several service calls over a period of two or more months the problem goes away and moves to the other car and repeats the exact same sequence causing a series of service calls just like the other! After car #2 takes it's turn it will go back to car #1 back and forth. Just when you think you've got it fixed it will show back up! I've been chasing my tail on this now for a long time with no luck fixing it! I've replaced ADON boards, inductors, changed parameters, grounded the cars because they were not grounded during installation. I've set up the brakes on the MX20 machines and set to 0.002 of an inch pick and the list goes on! This problem has never trapped anyone nor have I ever received any first had reports from anyone seeing it shut down it's just found either just above or just below the floor with a 72 or 74 fault! If anyone can help that would be great, this is kicking my ass!! One more bit of info that might help. There are two other kmc831's in the same bldg that give me no trouble, the only difference is the hoistway setup. What I mean by that is the two that never fail have the machines on top of the main rails and are hospital sized cars. The two that have this problem are 3500lb passengers and have the machines on top of the cwt rails like I've never seen before???Thanks for any help!



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try adding some tape to the top and bottom of the leveling magnets where they end. I had a similar problem and the metal the Magnets were fastened to became slightly magnetized causing a fault. Are your 61 u and n sensors mounted the correct distance from the magnets?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also there is no such thing as a duplex in a KCM, it's 2 car group. A true duplex has 3 designations.. A lobby car, A free car and a busy car...duplex went out with relay logic. What version of software is in the units? Which cpu you have? 40mhz or a cpu561?



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Assuming magnets and DBG's are okay try changing pencils 61U,61N and 30. 0074 faults etc are fairly common faults and well documented



   
ReplyQuote
(@BD Cooper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
My inductors are the horse shoe type readers that read metal vanes in the hoistway. What is the correct distance between 61u,61n &30 sensors?



   
ReplyQuote
(@BD Cooper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have changed the inductors out and still have the problem! Not sure what DBG has to do with this?



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Bad rail job car could be moving away from magnets,3/8" from magnet to cigar switch



   
ReplyQuote
(@BD Cooper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I don't have cigar switches, these are called osolaters I think(U shaped vane reader inductors)!



   
ReplyQuote
(@BD Cooper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Also this happens when car is at rest. Something is causing the car to move away from the floor , up or down about an inch giving a 72 or 74 fault. When this happens the car is empty because it's never trapped a passenger!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What machine do you have? MX machine brakes are horrible. Machine was designed for Europe where they use both brakes to hold car. In NA one of the brakes is used as an Emergency Brake. Really they should all use both brakes and require a rope gripper for emergency brake.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When I worked at know they sent out a article for a fault that was occurring with leveling,the service mechanic order a new oscillator thinking that would fix it but when I came to turn over the car from construction to final inspection I performed a software update with the micro ad card after the new oscillator and that fixed the problem don't remember the code but I think it was with 61u



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I still have the micro sd card and write up but getting it to you is another story



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have oscillators instead of pencils so could be even more likely to be problem with guides (DBG's). Check that there is enough engagement of vanes at every floor and check there is no excessive lateral movement of car.

Last edited by koneisland; 01/29/17 12:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You should look closely at the Main and E Brakes. The Main Brake may not be holding the floor before the E Brake times and drops. Load weighing, Balanced Load, and full Load should be should be checked. The Main and E Brake should hold a 125% Load independent of each other.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't rule out traction problems with those things either. Keep the washers on the shackle springs dead level.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top