Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

GEn2 with TCI_lock

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
20.1 K Views
(@Yus123)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21204]
Hi All,

Could you help, please?
Gen2 with GECB controller having an error "TCI_Lock and TCI/ERO ON" during Run/Idle mode, with INS LED blinking and SVT Blink message.This happens very often and randomly especially during summer in the Middle East. I believed this TCI_Lock error has no relation with the landing door procedure/Otis software. I changed the RS14 an LT in the car but the error remains the same.



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
TCI is Top Of Car Inspection... Have you tried a fan to cool controls? All controller and drive fans working? Machine Room have Air Conditioning?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can turn the TCI Lock feature off. It's under MCSS install parameters. Change from a 1 to a 0.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 07/23/17 05:00 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The fact you are getting both TCI lock and TCI ON message randomly could be a trailer fault, find some spares and change out the return wires from the top.of car inspection switch to eliminate .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Yus123)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dear Rolly,

GEn2 MRL with overhead without Air Conditioning, I have not noticed about the fan, I thought the fan was working well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Yus123)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dear Indirtwetrust,

I couldn't find the feature that you mention, Install parameters: [[b]b]1. System, 2. OCSS, 3. Group, 4. Drive, 5. Doors, 6. Position Reference, 7. Service, 8. Emergency, 9.Security, 10 Test.[/b]
Where can I find the feature under MCSS/Drive?

Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Yus123)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dear Pieman,

I suspected there is RSL communication issue regarding this issue, and I have changed the RSL 30VDC, Ground, D1, and D2 from controller to car top, but remain the same, I will try to change the return wires and update to you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Yus123)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
To avoid TCI lock, I put the lift in test mode, So the lift never idle for a long time, after 4 minutes there is one call from bottom to the top landing. During 3 weeks no TCI lock errors.
I knew this temporary solution due I lack for other solution.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Yus123)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
2 days back lift stopped again and traps 3 ppl, I suggested them fixing AC to reduce the high temperature on the head hoistway.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Marimi)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have the same problem, does anyone have any advice to give me ?

I've already replaced:
Rs14
Line terminator

No high temperature in the engine room



   
ReplyQuote
(@wikilift)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
First of all, is a new or old Gen2?
Older use RSL on CAR com and inside COB board have other Line terminator integrated.

GL



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top