Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/07/2017 4:28 am
Does anyone have an old US Hydro print that actually shows the light bulb leveling circuit? I just went through all my US prints and every one just shows mag switches. Was that Circuit ever in the print? The car I looked at on Friday had a board in the car top box but I thought I remembered some having plug in amplifiers.
Any prints or info you remember is appreciated.
Any prints or info you remember is appreciated.
24/07/2017 5:51 am
I've got prints for a hydro from 1984 that says "up leveling, down leveling, and door zone sensing units". Do you think the "sensing units" AR the mag sensors or light bulb leveling?
Topic starter
24/07/2017 7:18 am
Does it just show a switch in series with the relay coil? That's what all mine look like. Some say mag and some just say switch but I think an accurate print of the light bulb leveling circuit would have to show the lamp, the photo cell and I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that.
24/07/2017 7:27 am
Than I don't have what your looking for.
24/07/2017 11:40 am
The earliest print I have is 1971 and it just shows an inductor symbol, N.O., with the " up level sensor" etc. hand written over it, and the relay coil in series, The only difference on mine is there is a parallel circuit with a contact and a lamp to light the telltale indicator on the controller (for any number of signals). Gee wiz, remember those? I think the later prints had the term "___mag switch" or "___mag" hand written over the sensor symbol.
Maxton mag switch inductors were already in use in the mid 70's and it seems units installed in the late late 60's and very early 70's had the lightbulb leveling. Most likely once the Cubic Corporation acquired U.S., they saw the immediate need to get rid of that hokey lawsuit waiting to happen system.
I don't recall U.S. using a converted system with a board like Reliable used. "Level Sensor Card" (or Board) is what they did to upgrade the RB60 reflector lamp leveling. IIRC, we just went straight to the mag switch change over.
Maxton mag switch inductors were already in use in the mid 70's and it seems units installed in the late late 60's and very early 70's had the lightbulb leveling. Most likely once the Cubic Corporation acquired U.S., they saw the immediate need to get rid of that hokey lawsuit waiting to happen system.
I don't recall U.S. using a converted system with a board like Reliable used. "Level Sensor Card" (or Board) is what they did to upgrade the RB60 reflector lamp leveling. IIRC, we just went straight to the mag switch change over.
Last edited by elmcannic; 07/24/17 03:47 AM.
25/07/2017 7:17 pm
I believe they were marked sensor.
Topic starter
26/07/2017 7:42 am
So they never showed more than a contact?
Here's a pic of the board. First one I've seen with a board, only ones I've seen had the plug in amplifiers.
Lightbulb Leveling Board
Here's a pic of the board. First one I've seen with a board, only ones I've seen had the plug in amplifiers.
Lightbulb Leveling Board
26/07/2017 9:51 pm
The print I have shows just the one contact for I'm sure the telltale signal lamp on the controller.
The print is for a traction car also. I'll snoop around and see if I have the old hydro print which shows the Hydro 1 & 2 Boards. They may show a bit more information than the traction does.
I too do not remember this amplifier board you're showing, but let's face it...that was nearly 40 years ago.
The print is for a traction car also. I'll snoop around and see if I have the old hydro print which shows the Hydro 1 & 2 Boards. They may show a bit more information than the traction does.
I too do not remember this amplifier board you're showing, but let's face it...that was nearly 40 years ago.