Elevator Forum

Gen 2 won't clear f...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2 won't clear fire service

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
21.4 K Views
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15872]
I'm working on a gen2 that won't clear fire service. All inputs from devices appear correct. Runs fine on ph2, just won't reset. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
GECB/TCB(C) Status menu shows what? (M-1-1-1)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Magic smoke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Won't reset from the keyswitch or from the service tool? Do you have a fire panel keyswitch or a remote fire service keyswitch? Check for that input?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
it might be the parameter EFO-EX, that is set to only allow Phase 2 of the Fireman opration to end at the EFO floor (Where the EFS keyswitch is located). If you get the sequence wrong, it can be real murder to get it running again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
did you try the pf ram reset, worth a try



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hotsauce)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Had the exact same issue a month or so ago. Don't still have the issue do you?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Still haven't cleared it yet. I don't believe my service tool is interfacing properly. It's a late model gen2 and my service tool is a couple years old. I tested my tool on another unit on my route and it works fine.Is there a way to do a hard reset w/o using the tool?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What happens if you tell it that it has NO fire service? Then POR.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Get the car at the recall landing with the doors open, turn the key in the hall station to reset and then off. PF ram reset is M-1-5-1.What type of Gen2 controller do you have? 311 with an MLB or GCS?



   
ReplyQuote
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a TXR5 that did the same thing at a plant. They had no key switches though and no smokes. It was the craziest thing is every seen. I even manually jumped the ports to make the I/Os come hi to low in the sequence the key switch would go and never got it cleared. Sold them a Smartrise Mod over that deal is how I fixed it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Magic smoke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
C1RS, C5RS



   
ReplyQuote
(@Magic smoke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any new info?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ridevertical)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey guys, sorry I didn't respond sooner. The tool I was using wasn't working right. I tried a different service tool and performed the pf RAM reset and I'm back in business. Thanks for all of the advice.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top