Elevator Forum

Galaxy intermittent...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Galaxy intermittent stop in flight

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.6 K Views
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#27639]
Got car that’s stops in flight according to customer
Never see it happen
Dsd512 drive
24 floor building
Only faults are possible drv/1028 error, drive fault,speed fault ,stop switch fault
Checked in car stop switch ok
Swapped processor board and drive board
Jumped car stop switch
The drive fault is 118 communication fault
Swapped cable for drive to processor
Car is still intermittently stopping in flight with these same faults all different areas in hoistway
Any idea what I might be overlooking?



   
Quote
(@JHessorz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would parallel a relay off the end of the safety circuit with holding contacts and see if it drops the next time you get a call. Perhaps it's a bad traveler wire? How is the drive cable ran? Is it by itself or run with other wire? Sometimes noise on the wire gives you problems. What has GAL said about it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I wired in relay and it did not drop out when it happen
I was not in site but contactor was still in.
Drive cable is ran by itself
Gal said to jump car stop switch and it still does it



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
WOW. GAL said jump car stop switch?

Is it a Galaxy 3 or 4?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s a galaxy 3 just seen a don input off fault to



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
DON I/O Failed Off?

If so did you check all the possible causes?

The DON input or the drive run
relay contact has failed off. The
run relay on the drive turns on
the DON input (Drive ON)
indicating that the regulator is
released and the drive is
controlling the motor.

Possible Cause/Suggested Fix

• Loss of voltage on terminal CS.
• MC contact in series with the drive
run relay opened.
• The drive faulted on start and
dropped the run relay. Check the
drive fault log.
• Faulty run relay on the drive.
• Faulty DON input on the controller.
Replace the DON input chip.

• The run relay in the drive is not pro-
grammed properly. Check the

default drive setup for the Configure
C0 parameters.

Since its an intermittent issue maybe its a relay issue.



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
DON IO failed off I would check auxiliarys on MC.

1028, replace your drive board but also check your 5v power supply. Galaxy controllers like 5.2-5.5 volts per GAL Tech Support.



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I also want to add, watch your safety processor board.

I had a car stopping mid run then continuing. Watching the safety processor board, I noticed it going into fault, red led, then turning green. Watched it a bit more close and saw my pulses on my car top encoder slow to a stop while car was running right when car would stop and board to go to fault. Turned out worn selector guides.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Snkrhead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Found loose plug insert factory wiring for pins on the main I/O board for main contactor auxiliaries



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good find.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Great find, controller terminal maintenance is always a good idea. Especially on factory wiring.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top