Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Galaxy controller

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,789 Views
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15734]
Yet another reoccurring problem for me. Galaxy Hydro controllers. UPF IO failed faults. four of these controllers and every one seems to be blowing the SUF and SUFi IO chips. I can replace them and they will work fine. I get a call from the customer a few weeks later that another one is down. same fault. New contract. I have galaxy traction controllers on other jobs, but they don't ever seem to act that way. Is this a normal problem for these machines?



   
Quote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have and put in many of these. Not a common problem for me. What is the SUF input? I forget.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The SUF and SUFi IO chips control your up fast solenoid for your valve. Actually on of the chips is not just for SUF it is a range of functions.



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Its all being fed from your limits. But since your not blowing anything else I'd replace your up fast coil.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yeah we already did that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Install an external snubber around the valve coil.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top