Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I love Smartrise

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
26.9 K Views
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15735]
I have recently done several mods to a smartrise controller. Just have to say that I love the product. Its so easy to work on. they have great tech support. cut down to minimal wiring. Just an awesome controller.



   
Quote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I do have some of these and I have to agree. Pretty good little controllers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I like how you can adjust individual floor stops. Sweet!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ubro96)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
we just installed our first one and we are getting an odd nts fault once in a while and sometimes the floor levels are off , It is as if it was losing its count but it's not, the only thing I can think of is that is that it has a software glitch .
Any thoughts?



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CM1981 says "They have great each support". Time to dial 'em up.

I do remember though on one of my units the crew that did the annual testing had to change the NTS speed values to set/check the OS valve. BUT...they failed to return and save the "normal" slowdown values which created trouble for me after they had left. Maybe something to look into.
Just a few thoughts as far as floor levels go; have you set them, saved them and then they've changed? Has the job got a new valve? Packing issues- i.e. tight? Both directions have changed? All floors change?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ubro96)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No it's a 6 floor overhead traction saved, reset floors levels , saved again , tech support is at a loss they don't seem to have any answers , the fact that it is a interminent problem is always a hard to find ,but since we did the first learn run there has been this glitch it's been running about 4 months now with no calls but if you check the faults that nts is always there happening at differnt intervals.The floor levels are not off much but any deviation is not acceptable with todays technolgy.
Sometimes when controller manufactures adapt there controls to be compliant in Ontario Canada with all the redunacies that is reqiured here we end up with some weird Crap happening



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ahhh...
Traction. Haven't seen the SR Traction, but I guess it's safe to ask, does the system use mechanical switches for all terminal slowdowns, or magnets? I ask only because some OEM's have had issues in the selector department due to small gaps between the magnet stack for NTS/ETS that the CPU sees as turning off/on at an inappropriate time and faults the car. Closing this gap corrects the problem. I've seen weak magnets on the 211, and the TAC20 cause intermittent trouble too in stepping or floor position.
You've no doubt already covered a good bit of ground on this issue.
Hope you get to the bottom of it sooner than later!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Elm hit it. Weak magnets are murder on all the TAC equipment that uses them. If the logs show any sort of pattern, try switching magnets around.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
All of the SR that we have done have been overhead traction.. One was a 10 landing one was a 17. It was engineered with the IP8300 Selection system. however, the first selector was bad on the 10 landings and for about 2 weeks we were having position issues. replaced the selector and sent the other one back and it ran like a champ.. As far as floor levels go, it is my understanding that you have to adjust them in the up AND the down direction. I started at the top and adjusted and saved all the floor levels, then couldnt figure out why the heck they were off sometimes and not all the time.. it was when i was traveling up that they would be off because i had only adjusted in the down direction. SR tech support caught it while I was talking to them, I did them in the up dir. and no problems after that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Now there's one outta your hair! Thanks for sharing results.



   
ReplyQuote
 J-R
(@J-R)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Great controllers. On the hydro watch the Valve coil relays, thay are the main failure I've experienced.



   
ReplyQuote
(@smartriseguy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can switch those valve coil relays out for a solid state board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@smartriseguy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In the US by default all switches are magnetic, except your final limits. Smartrise does offer the option of using physical switches for DZ, ETS/NTS, and normal's. You just have to specify this when placing the order



   
ReplyQuote
(@dre1383)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Honestly they are a bunch of garbage. Depending on use gearless, geared, or hydro a two stop hydro is about the only thing we've had success with. Problems leveling on gearless cars, terrible dispatching overlay, door circuit issues, pressure switch direction problems...



   
ReplyQuote
(@ernieschnerd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ubro96, if you're also getting A60 alarms on occasion, or even if you're not, you may want to try setting the 13-097 parameter from x00 to x04.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top