Elevator Forum

Error codes for any...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Error codes for any elevator

114 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
535 K Views
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is as stupid as to claim that I cant sing a song in karaoke bar becouse I do not own copyrights to that song 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zammy,
Do you have the error codes you wish to have!

I suggest you call the company whose error codes you are seeking. And if they say "you can't have them" then you take the time and put your own money out and try and fight them.

When your done come on back and let us a know how you made out!



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Source code, Windows has it as do other types of programs, these are the porperty of the manufacturer. They do the R&D, they spend the money and resources to come up with this stuff. If it was not copyrighted, there would'nt be any incentive to develop. As others have noted, this is NOT like "hacking" the source code on a PC, there are life safety issues involved, would you like to have to explain to the family of someone that was killed due too much knowledge and not enough wisdom?



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
jhk

I have lot of error codes. I might publish them all. I am safe.

Just for the sake of argument...I could claim that I have tested the lift and have these errorcodes under these conditions. For example I tested that if I prevent the door not close i get errorcode XXX, If I leave brake coil without power I get errorcode XXX. If I open the safety circuit from overspeed governor I get error code XXX, etc

Who is to say that I have not "self tested" tested all the error codes in the manual if I claim I have tested all the error codes in real life?

Is there a copyright preventing me to test all the error codes in real life and make my own "manual" for error codes?

I think not 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@doggie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zammy

Try elevatorshack.com.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zany,

I think I am starting to understand what you are looking for.

Doggie,
Great suggestion! He may find what he is looking for there...



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It�s an other forum. Thanks.

IF there were this kind of site on the internet that You could easily browse Your way to a specific error code online and get the information instantly in the elevator machine room.

Would You use it?
Would You pay to use it?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 01:25 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just as I suspected...



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dear JKH

I have been searching and searching this kind of service.

So I started to read the net is there reason. So far I have not found a reason.

Some say it is copyright. Some say these cartel companys own this information. But so far I can see that the guys making these claims are propably working in these companys.

And it is true that when there is no service like this it makes one think that maeby there is market for this kind of service.

Do You think it is wrong? Or is there a reason for beeing sarcastic about this?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 02:12 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 koss
(@koss)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
One question,,,are you a qualified lift engineer,,yes or no?



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes I am.

I worked with fault finding for twenty years now. Have worked in big and small companys and different countrys.

My experince is that these cartell companys are trying to make it difficult for others to fix their elevators. Of course they do. How else they could have prices of repairs so high?

What happens is that there are no competition which makes the cartell eaven stronger. And it is the end user the lift owner and the people who are paying overprice of monopoly service when they have no choice but to buy the service and repairs from the original lift manufacturer.

It was a same thing with automobiles years back but the codes and tools are now free for anybody.

More knowledge more competition. Right?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 03:33 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@ThyssenKrapp)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm afraid i am with Zammy on this one.

As long as the info stays within industry professionals then it could only be a good thing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
In the automobile industry the car manufacturers tried to do the same that cartel lift companys are doing still.

They tried to have this repair information as their own information and to be used only in their own car workshops. They were claiming that the quarentee of car would be only valid if the car owner uses only car manufacturers "own" service and repairs. After a short while this was banned by law.

The new law allowed small workshops to buy tools and information for a reasonable price. Manufacturers of car�s have to give this information to anybody.

For me it hard to understand why is this any different in elevator business?
I JUST DON�T GET IT !



   
ReplyQuote
 koss
(@koss)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you a qualified lift engineer,,yes or no?.??



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Can You read? Yes or No ?

#12635

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 05:13 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share:
Scroll to Top