Elevator Forum

Error codes for any...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Error codes for any elevator

114 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
535 K Views
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Go ask any of these non Union places how safe the industry is. Information is just that, without the skills or knowledge to use it, people die, end of story. You repeatedly reference the auto industry, when the two do not even compare. owner of vehicle is typically the driver, driver is responsible to have a legal auto on the road. Brakes fail, driver dies or is injured, OR CAUSES SOMEONE ELSE TO BE INJURED, driver gets sued.

Lifts are not the same, the owner may never even ride the elevator that is used 1000's of time a day. Owner is still responsible to have lift in proper working conditions, and to meet code, these conditions are tested. His liability by allowing some asshat with Internet access to troubleshoot and or repair his elevator would be catastrophically high.

You wish to compile a list of elevator codes to publish on the Internet, cool have at it. You ask me would I use it, sure I do not turn away advice or tools when they are made available. You ask if I would pay for it, nah, that's not how we roll. Take your asshat self, go make your website, and get sued by the "cartels" that you have no fear of. I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...



   
ReplyQuote
 koss
(@koss)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep,,I can read,,,,are you a qualified lift engineer,,and what qualifications do you have?



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zammy,
I've been around for 28 years. I've worked for big and small companies. I've worked with great mechanics and great people (not necessarily the same thing). I've heard a lot of tall tails, big boosting, and too much hot air.

The only thing I will agree with that you said is "The new LAW allowed the small shops to BUY the tools and information for a REASONABLE PRICE". This of course is a European law your referring to.

I think if the companies like the big 4 should be willing to sell thier prints, manuals, service tools and support at a reasonable price. And when a service tool or controller needs an updated software to be installed it should be for sale at a reasonable price too.

I am not interested in reading how you can do what you feel you can or should do! I would rather read a post from you helping someone who has posted a problem. Show me that side of your character. Show me your willingness to help a colleague in need of assistance. That is the side of the individuals on this sire that makes me proud to be apart of this industry.



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thats all I want. To help others.

I�m only telling these jackasses who claim that errorcodes are proprity or copyright information that they are wrong. They are either working in the cartell companys or they are very easily brainwashed. Propably both.

Silly - I am not comparing the industry in any other way than in perspective of law. If the repairs is made by professional or not is a totally different discussion.

Koss - I concider myself a professional. What qualifications do you have? Is this really the topic here? Doeas it matter?



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: ThyssenKrapp
I'm afraid i am with Zammy on this one.

As long as the info stays within industry professionals then it could only be a good thing.

Thanks for the support - somebody with brains here



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Silly
Go ask any of these non Union places how safe the industry is. Information is just that, without the skills or knowledge to use it, people die, end of story. You repeatedly reference the auto industry, when the two do not even compare. owner of vehicle is typically the driver, driver is responsible to have a legal auto on the road. Brakes fail, driver dies or is injured, OR CAUSES SOMEONE ELSE TO BE INJURED, driver gets sued.

Lifts are not the same, the owner may never even ride the elevator that is used 1000's of time a day. Owner is still responsible to have lift in proper working conditions, and to meet code, these conditions are tested. His liability by allowing some asshat with Internet access to troubleshoot and or repair his elevator would be catastrophically high.

You wish to compile a list of elevator codes to publish on the Internet, cool have at it. You ask me would I use it, sure I do not turn away advice or tools when they are made available. You ask if I would pay for it, nah, that's not how we roll. Take your asshat self, go make your website, and get sued by the "cartels" that you have no fear of. I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

Hah...we know where Silly works.



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Silly
Go ask any of these non Union places how safe the industry is. Information is just that, without the skills or knowledge to use it, people die, end of story. You repeatedly reference the auto industry, when the two do not even compare. owner of vehicle is typically the driver, driver is responsible to have a legal auto on the road. Brakes fail, driver dies or is injured, OR CAUSES SOMEONE ELSE TO BE INJURED, driver gets sued.

Lifts are not the same, the owner may never even ride the elevator that is used 1000's of time a day. Owner is still responsible to have lift in proper working conditions, and to meet code, these conditions are tested. His liability by allowing some asshat with Internet access to troubleshoot and or repair his elevator would be catastrophically high.

You wish to compile a list of elevator codes to publish on the Internet, cool have at it. You ask me would I use it, sure I do not turn away advice or tools when they are made available. You ask if I would pay for it, nah, that's not how we roll. Take your asshat self, go make your website, and get sued by the "cartels" that you have no fear of. I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

And Silly...do You drive a car? If You do please stop...its really unsafe. Did You know that allready ? What a brainer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rac66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zammy, you've got employees of "Cartels" that can't fully work on their own equipment because only certain technicians get all of the training. My advice is to avoid proprietary units. There is plenty of work out there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@doggie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: zammy

IF there were this kind of site on the internet that You could easily browse Your way to a specific error code online and get the information instantly in the elevator machine room.

Would You use it?
Would You pay to use it?

@Zammy

It may be useful, but knowing specific fault/error codes is not going to fix elevators. Experience, knowledge, understanding, proper shop support and shared knowledge between elevator men in the field and on forums such as this one does.

I do however agree with you, the big boys do all they can to try to hold captive their market and the customer certainly pays. To a large degree though, any service company is only as good as its front line mechanics and when these mechanics are joined fraternally, fault code knowledge along with associated real world experience is usually a phone call or two or three away.

It takes educated and experienced men to fix broken elevators, information is and will always be simply another tool in their bags.

A fault/error code website would have to be pretty comprehensive and encompassing to be of real value.

And yes the auto repair industry and consumers have lobbied hard on multiple fronts and have made big legal strides in leveling the field for the independent repair shop. The reasons why it has not happened in the elevator industry are likely many, such as elevator owners are at best loosely knit - no lobby power, independent elevator repair shops are loosely knit - no lobby power, the size and type of industry, etc. Are you going to take you Otis car to a Schindler dealer for repair, your Kone to Thyssen, your Ford to Chevy, your Nissan to Toyota.

For the foreseeable future, the independent elevator repair shop and aftermarket parts supplier will remain at a disadvantage and will remain playing catch up when taking on the big boys and their newest twists and technologies. I have worked for the same independent elevator company as a front line mechanic for many years, and only thorough shared experience and information with other mechanics, have I been able to succeed to the degree that I have.

A better educated, organized and proactive elevator consumer is what would be needed to bridle the big boys, and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

@Silly

Lmfao. You made some very good points, and I am willing to bet Zammy has thick skin.



   
ReplyQuote
(@doggie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Silly
I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

Off topic

Guy walks into a bar and orders a shot and a beer. Bartender brings him his drink and says "boy, you look glum, long day?", Guy shaking his head says "nah,... all lawyers are assholes." Guy at the other end of the bar says "hey, I heard that remark and I resent it!" Guy says "figures,... you're a lawyer too?!" Guy at the other end of the bar says "What! No I'm not a lawyer I'm an asshole."



   
ReplyQuote
 koss
(@koss)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes I am a qualified lift engineer with City & Guilds,,Lift Technology,,UK qualification,,recognised worldwide,,,,so I ask again,,,are you a qualified lift engineers? With what qualifications,,
If you are not,,stay away from lifts



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Zammy you are a scrub, go peddle your bag of tricks elsewhere. Yes I do wrk for the "cartel" companies you so love to bash here. No there is absolutely, unequivocally, not one problem, I could not solve with ANY manufacturer, ANY year. Why you ask? How can he be so smart? Because I know I have every single Union brother with me, everywhere I go, everytime I go. This industries battle lines begin, and end, with our front office personnel. The field guys, we all work for the same Union, just employed by different companies. I will be the first to say, my first troubleshooting phone call does not always go to someone in my own company.

Great example, I have never met greensleeves here on this forum, yet I can hazard a guess on his company. If I had a problem with a GEN 2 I could PM him and I know I would get an answer to my question, or be referred to someone who could(sorry for dragging your name in green, just such an obvious name, made it easy for me). This brother hood does not recognize state lines, company lines, and as long as I can understand your english, international lines. (I say that I must understand your English not because I am arrogant, but because my spanish is horrible, and my german is even worse).

So Zammy, as I can see you clearly have no concept of half of what I wrote up there, I can ascertain that you are not part of this brotherhood. I can also see that you wish to profit from this all mighty code website, that I am sure you will use us to help you propagate. This is why you have become an asshat in my eyes.

Last edited by Silly; 11/08/14 07:41 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Silly
Zammy you are a scrub, go peddle your bag of tricks elsewhere. Yes I do wrk for the "cartel" companies you so love to bash here. No there is absolutely, unequivocally, not one problem, I could not solve with ANY manufacturer, ANY year. Why you ask? How can he be so smart? Because I know I have every single Union brother with me, everywhere I go, everytime I go. This industries battle lines begin, and end, with our front office personnel. The field guys, we all work for the same Union, just employed by different companies. I will be the first to say, my first troubleshooting phone call does not always go to someone in my own company.

Great example, I have never met greensleeves here on this forum, yet I can hazard a guess on his company. If I had a problem with a GEN 2 I could PM him and I know I would get an answer to my question, or be referred to someone who could(sorry for dragging your name in green, just such an obvious name, made it easy for me). This brother hood does not recognize state lines, company lines, and as long as I can understand your english, international lines. (I say that I must understand your English not because I am arrogant, but because my spanish is horrible, and my german is even worse).

So Zammy, as I can see you clearly have no concept of half of what I wrote up there, I can ascertain that you are not part of this brotherhood. I can also see that you wish to profit from this all mighty code website, that I am sure you will use us to help you propagate. This is why you have become an asshat in my eyes.

Please tell me more of this cartell business you guy�s are still running 🙂

So You help each other out and try to keep everybody else aside. Big fucking news!

You must be a asshat to say it out loud.



   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well, well, well

I have decided to make a website. You guys inspired me so much 🙂

I�ll think I start with the manuals of big four.

Thanks for the support.

PS. It will be free

Last edited by zammy; 11/08/14 08:34 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@zammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was fixing this OTIS MCS -LCBII elevator the other day. I had some spare time so I tested the system.

If I

Prevent DCL, DFC or DW signal so that the door cant close I get error code 0102 OpMode DTC

If I

Prevent doors not to open or I am missing the DOL signal I get error code 0103 OpMode DTO

If I

Held the doors manually open I ger error code 0104 OpMode DCP

If I

Cut the safety circuit from E-Stop when the lift is runnig on nominal speed I get error code 0202 /ES in FR

If I

Activate the OTS input I get error code 0206 OTS active

If I

Cut the signal SE the car can not run And I get error code 0205 SE-fault. I would check SKL, THB, door bypass, fuses etc)

If I

Cut the DZ(DoorZone) signal so that there is no hoistway signals detected during the fast run I get error code 0207 DDP in FR

If I

Open the car door during the fast run I get error code 0211 /DCF in FR and if I cut in slow speed I get error code 0212 /DFC in SR

If I

Activate 8LS2 input I get error 0213 8LS2 oper.

If I

Activate input PLS1 i get error code 0214 PLS1 active

If I

Make the motorized valve stuck I get error code 0215 Mot.Vlv tim

If I

Turn 3-line power supply phases or disconnect one or two phases I get error code 0224 J-Relay. I tested that this event is allways logged when I set EN-EVT to 1 and switch off the power and the reason for this is that the three line power supply cuts down earlier than the LCBII power supply.

Tomorrow I go and make some more test and tell the result to You. See ya!

Last edited by zammy; 11/08/14 09:19 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8
Share:
Scroll to Top