Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCE VVMC-1000-SCR

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,765 Views
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12556]
Getting MLT fault on random floors no passengers doors closed an floor level.checked brake,replaced both relays in black box,megged motor armature,had 185volts to motor instead of 240 name plate called for so raised volts with pot on drive,fault showing up at odd times like midnight early morning when very little traffic an motor very hot to touch when I arrive say 9 next day.thought maybe stalling in leveling but never when on site any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Also oil level good an greased inside bearing an outside bearing on hw machine

Last edited by DripCan; 11/02/14 02:10 AM.


   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Open up your brake contactor. You may have a contact partially burnt away. Don't trust checking continuity.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the VMC manual is still in the MR, you can run data trap. This will show you states of inputs and outputs at the time of MLT. I would check PT relays, aux contacts on main contactor(s), encoder connections and brake switch (if you have one). I have seen MLT many times, haven't seen an actual stalled motor or locked up gear box yet (on this gear at least). I usually see MLT after the car fails to start a run.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Forgot to ask, do you have a computer screen in the MR or just the flip down in the controller?



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ordered Hw brake monitoring.Yes have monitor in MR,an book I dont think so, I have never heard of data trap but will try thanks to all for your input.Can a bad door lock give me a MLT on failed start?



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have a monitor, what faults did you have (special events menu)? With a bad door lock, you can time out of service. A monitor will make finding this problem much easier.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top