Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Miprom 21

28 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
52.2 K Views
(@Redexit)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12576]
We have a car that is stopping at every other floor in the up and down direction when a car or hall call is given until it reaches its destination. It does this in normal mode, independent service and on phase II. I checked option select parameters for CSV Overide, Automatic Halls, and emergency power and everything seems normal. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check to see if your 150 ft. or your intermediate speed sw. is out of tolerance.If the car doesn't see the sw. at the proper time it will stop at the next floor. Also when you run be in motion info. It should give you a clue. so should motion excuses. I assume of course you have a service tool of some sort.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I told you wrong in the previous post. To check speed sw's go to MSU adjust, select motion averages, make a long run. The speed sw's will show when they turn on. Sorry about that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Redexit)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
john jay. Thank you for your attention,offering help and sharing your knowledge. I did check the speed boards on your suggestion and they check up fine. I can see them light up as the elevator travels to its destination and I can monitor them in motion averages. This is a weird problem that I've never seen. Again, thanks for your time. I will keep busting on this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you registering faults? what does motion info screen 2 tell you, look at verr which will tell you if a position error was detected on the last vane passed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Redexit)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There are no errors in the error log. Debug shows car normal. No motion errors or drive errors. The car acts like its on emergency power. however, its not. Again, Thanks for your help.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like some sort of "Wild Car" operation, CSV1/CSV2 toggeling?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
is this part of a group,or a duplex operation?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Redexit)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I got a chance to work on this car again and found that if I slowed the car down to 350 ft pm. The elevator will work fine. It will reach its destination up or down without stopping at every other floor. However this is a 500 ft/pm car. Will continue to troubleshoot this baby.

E311 just to pick your brain-if it is CSV1/CSV2 toggeling? What would be the cause of that... I did see parameters for CSV1/CSV2 with the service tool but I'm pretty sure they are on the right setting.
E311--and --john jay.. Thanks for your attention and help..



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CSV1 and CSV2 are LEDs that show the communication between the cars. On a duplex, the master car will have green LEDs for these and the aux. car wil have red LEDs



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
if you slowed the car down and it runs ok, then I would say the last speed switch before you reach contract speed is out of tolerance. you adjust these by looking at motion averages, it will tell what speed the switch is picking at. then you adjust the correct speed board in the net box. these boards have pots that allow you to change the point at which the board picks the associated relay.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what was the outcome on this one redexit



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have the same issue on a duplex. it will not pull in my intermediate relay and stop at the next floor in both directions. It is a 400 fpm geared. If I try to run inspection speed at 40 fpm (10% of contract), it only runs 20 fpm. Car was running fine 2 weeks ago. My pattern (VC to GAN) is .8, which is correct since 8 volts is full speed. At the drive, My 0.8 volts runs through ADC 1 (scaled the same as other car) and converts to digital value of 200 (should be 400). since this is a geared car, the motor is rated for 1150 rpm and should turn 115 rpm to produce 40 fpm; it only turns 57 rpm. All current/voltages/fields are correct. It tracks perfectly at 57 rpm. The encoder is a 2048 (tried a new one even). If I didnt know any better, the input of the encoder to the drive is thinking 57 rpm is correct. I doubled the encoder rate in the drive and MSU and the speed is now correct. Was going to change drive, but this car is the master and "bad things" happened. Going to try and swap main drive board Monday. Thoughts?



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: J Sand
I have the same issue on a duplex. it will not pull in my intermediate relay and stop at the next floor in both directions. It is a 400 fpm geared. If I try to run inspection speed at 40 fpm (10% of contract), it only runs 20 fpm. Car was running fine 2 weeks ago. My pattern (VC to GAN) is .8, which is correct since 8 volts is full speed. At the drive, My 0.8 volts runs through ADC 1 (scaled the same as other car) and converts to digital value of 200 (should be 400). since this is a geared car, the motor is rated for 1150 rpm and should turn 115 rpm to produce 40 fpm; it only turns 57 rpm. All current/voltages/fields are correct. It tracks perfectly at 57 rpm. The encoder is a 2048 (tried a new one even). If I didnt know any better, the input of the encoder to the drive is thinking 57 rpm is correct. I doubled the encoder rate in the drive and MSU and the speed is now correct. Was going to change drive, but this car is the master and "bad things" happened. Going to try and swap main drive board Monday. Thoughts?

Not sure on this equipment but I have a similar fault which was a parameter setting which was a 'factor' setting. It was set to .5 instead of 1 which halved all incoming values. I have also had a encoder flip it setting too, which it appeared to do here. Was the 2048 the right setting?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The parameter PPR in the Drive and the MSU have to match. The PPR is pulses per revolution. If the velocity encoder is mounted on the end of the motor shaft, 2048 is correct. If it run off of a wheel on the machine sheave you have to input the correct PPR to the drive and to the msu. If the speed boards aren't pulling in that is the problem. try adjusting the intermediate speed board, it will not pull in if it is out of tolerance, a fairly common occurrence. Tweak the pot on the board, and check motion averages for changes. Also the speed board may be bad if it won't change when you tweak it. A not UN-heard of problem.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top