Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

E-5000 help

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,849 Views
 Romo
(@Romo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12550]
I have a kone E-5000 that will run for a day or so and then shut down - Not a hard fault so it just keys back up. The fault is Safety String Fault. The Tool says to check continuity between Annuciator boards and check pins and connections and I have done this and all is good. Just reaching out to see if anyone else has had this issue. Also says to check a few relays on cpu and have done this also.I went as far as changing both Annuciator Boards to no avail.



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
are you flashing a fault code?



   
ReplyQuote
 Romo
(@Romo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yes. 66 on the read out in controller and the kone tool says its "safety string fault"



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The only thing I can recall about a 66 had to do with a brake problem. But since I worked on 3000's and 5000's I don't know which one that pertains to. You may want to check your brake voltage just to be sure. I think it was around 160vdc. also the normal brake ohmic value was in the 350 ohm range.One other thing I remember is I had a handrail chain rub a low voltage safety string wire intermittently, taking it to ground causing this type of error. Just a couple of thoughts.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top