Elevator Forum

Dover DMC 1A Softwa...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover DMC 1A Software Question

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
38.9 K Views
(@elevatorpat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11607]
Question:

We have been having issues with this DMC 1A 2 stop with front and rear doors. We have replaced the 3v Lithium battery and the CLC board. We got everything set up right on the CLC including fire service, floors, calls, selector etc...

We cannot get any control over our front and rear door adjustments. My question is:

Will software version on the CLC (675DK13) work with the software on the door cards (door board is 6300FX3 with software 675ET2)

Is this software compatible with each other? I feel like we are losing something between the CLC and door boards.

Thanks for the help!



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ePat,

I'm sorry I don't know if the software is compatible.
Are you sure it's the software?

This is just what I'm thinking of...
Are you getting any errors on your tool?
Is the tool able to communicate with the door board?
Are you getting 10.5-11 vdc from the power supply?
Is the LED on?



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be careful , the old Clc is blue or green ? If you buy Clc and the old one is blue and the new one is green the software is not compatible. You need to buy new software. Or buy a repair blue board.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the clc is a 6300BP4 board it is compatible with the 6300FX3,



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tarth)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You say its a DMC 1/A but your software is for a DMC-1 that has a selector and is for a clc 6300bp4. Dmc-1/A software for 6300bp4 is 675DL**



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
DK software is looking for a selector tape, along with other things. Not compatible. Tarth is right on!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorpat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for all the input everyone. I was incorrect we have a DMC1. My power suply is good. Clc is good. The car is answering calls and opening doors I just can't get any adjustments on the doors. Can't even get a pulse count reading out of my tool.

The tool is from a guy who I believe is either passed away or in jail! Just my luck- I get intermittent communication for my doors which makes me think it's the tool....any suggestions let me know I'm going to keep plugging away..

Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pat,
What adjustments?
Which operator?
Fast Tool, World Electronics Freedomware or something else?

If it's a fast tool do a communication check...

Last edited by jkh; 08/14/14 01:31 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorpat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I believe it is a boot leg tool from a former employee of TK. It has the FAST Tool, IMS, IMS for CPUA, and CADI tool on it.

It is not laid out like a FAST tool though and is on a laptop. Can't get any support/help for this particular tool.

Front and rear door operator, part number 6300FX3, it is on a DMC1 installed in 98/99.

I am going to get a Freedom tool for it. I have the Miprom Freedom tool and it works great...

I talked with a guy at World and he said to check voltage between pins 1 &4 on the T5 connector on the door board. It should read 5v (this is to rule out an encoder issue). Cant get a Pulse count on the front or rear door.

Doors do open and close as demanded but is very hard, I'm surprised the gate hasn't fallen off yet!



   
ReplyQuote
(@dumpc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
To talk to dmc1. Use the orange cable. Then go to device manager on the laptop and change your communication port from 232 to the 485 port. Then you should be able to talk to the DMC with the laptop fast tool.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It sure sounds like the parameters to the door were reset or lost? I suggest you perform a door setup. Let us know how you make out with the freedom tool.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
the laptop fast tool, is a very good tool, just as good as the handheld fast, if not better. What makes you think it is the tool? can you communicate to the CLC, or Selector without any comm problems.? If you can communicate with clc and selector without problems, then the tool is ok. Also, you can eliminate any problems with the door board communication wiring, by plugging directly into the door board, at the door operator port. Have you tried this? I sometimes have used this to ensure that i can talk to the door, and selector, independent of machine room, and cop port. i usually remove the psc,nsc, connector that goes back to SRT and only have psc,nsc connector that wires to the port on the door, or selector . This is a good way to ensure that the door or selector board is communicating, and working properly. If you can not communicate to any of the system with the laptop fast, then you need to make sure that your com1 port actually got set to ACPI, when you ran the switch to rs485 if you have the program, or do it manually in device manager. if the port is set properly, you need to reboot the computer after port has been reset, then run the program, and sometimes it will indicate unable to communicate, at this point, hilite clc , and variables to see variables of address 1 and it should start communicating. as far as no support for the laptop version, use the hand held fast manual, if you look closely, it will all make sense, i have used both the laptop from world, and the fast laptop version, and i prefer the fast laptop version, the world tool is ok, but you cannot reset the fault log, at least not on the last version i worked with. the faults just continue to scroll no matter how many times you press reset fault button. this is a pain, especially on intermittent problems, as you can not tell which fault caused the problem.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I did have a couple issues with the bootleg tool myself.
The company I worked for had one from the guy who passed away.
I found it worked very well on IMS but the DMC part had some issues. In my case it wouldn't clear a selector fault prior to a hoistway learn trip. I got a genuine DMC tool and the procedure went perfect. That may not be his issue here but I thought I would make a note.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorpat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the comments and inputs. I ordered a freedom tool from world for the DMC. Plugged that bad boy in and had the doors running top notch in about 15 min. Haven't had a call since.

I highly recommend it!



   
ReplyQuote
(@el salvador)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
what it cost you ..i need to get a freedom tool



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top