Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
04/08/2014 10:47 am
does anyone know how to tell where the floor table values are stored, i have seen some info that indicates that they are stored on U37 and U38 but, also U33 and U34 how do you know for sure which chips store the floor table for a particular job?
04/08/2014 11:49 am
Do you have an EPROM Programmer/Eraser, and able to edit the files created on a chip read?
Topic starter
05/08/2014 1:03 pm
Hi Rolly, I just purchased a Dataman unit. Played around with it tonight, going to give it a go in the morning. I have a couples pages of info, but it references U37,38. A friend of mine who has done a few, says he is sure it is U33,34. Thats why i was inquiring. I have an old needhams SA10, but the software for the computer was on a 5.5 floppy disc, decided to upgrade. looks like it should be easy enough. We replaced a tape a few days ago, and top 3-4 floors are low
05/08/2014 2:12 pm
Here is an example of addresses of one software version. I think if I remember each hex digit is 1/32". If this is not your version I have some older reads to look at.
401 Floor Table
Chip 2732 CU38-4L, CU37-4H
401 Floor Table
Chip 2732 CU38-4L, CU37-4H
01-addr:0065
02-addr:0067
03-addr:0069
04-addr:006B
05-addr:006D
06-addr:006F
07-addr:0071
08-addr:0073
09-addr:0075
10-addr:0077
11-addr:0079
12-addr:007B
13-addr:007D
14-addr:007F
15-addr:0081
16-addr:0083
17-addr:0085
18-addr:0087
19-addr:0089
20-addr:8A8B
21-addr:8C8D
22-addr:8E8F
23-addr:9091
24-addr:9293=00014160
Chip Reads, High, Low, High, Low
00 01 41 60
Topic starter
06/08/2014 11:28 am
thanks for the info rolly, well all went well, I had to reprogram 7 of the 10 floors, with the top floor being a little over an inch low. This was my first attempt at trying this, and after careful measurements, a hex calculator for my iPhone, a few conversion charts, and a little bit of luck, i was able to get 5 of the 7 floors perfect on the first eprom burn. the 2 other floors were 9/64 hi, so i subtracted 3 counts and reburned, one count is 3/64" , and everything is perfectly level. The floor tables on this job were in U33,U34 just as my friend had indicated, even thought the paperwork i had says U37,U38 Just as your paperwork indicated. I guess it is just the software version that is the difference in location. good thing to note. I was pretty lucky on this one, as the customer was wanting the car back in service asap, and I was only able to get 4 2732 chips from another buddy. had 1 spare chip now time to buy a eraser, and i just ordered 20 chips from ebay. thanks again for spending the time to post the above rolly appreciate your concern. now off to a tac32 that has lost its program. first time for that also. going to be a great week of learning, if i can get buy the stress of 3 other customers wanting there elevators, 1 miprom 21 overspeeding, 1 epoch 1 car shutting down everyday with different error codes, 1 westinghouse erl car occupying intermittently. 🙂
07/08/2014 9:08 am
Glad to hear all went well and yes the 401 Floor Table is in different Chips with versions. I would guess when they changed from U33 to the higher numbers they had to produce a different overlay for the OMT. The higher chip numbers I posted were from a Job Otis had since installation, maintained, and Lost. They had updated software on the posted job so it should be the latest in case you run into another one.
07/08/2014 9:34 am
Rolly, I haven't used an OMT for ages, but isn't 1 of the points of the OMT, is to load into the unit new figures for floor levels, test them by running the lift, then blow chips for the permanent changes? I know with our original aussie electronic lift(miprolog, of which it is rumoured is the basis for the 401)we had what was called a miproaudit control unit, that's what we used to do. This saved blowing chips without having to clear them unnecessarily.
09/08/2014 8:48 am
Not sure about that OMT, but sure makes sense what you said. I do know Overlays were constantly being updated with software.
09/08/2014 10:26 am
Thanks mate.